Alucard

THE ELVES HAD GIVEN HIM a spacious room to spend the rest of the day. At first, they didn't know what to do with him but considering the fact that he saved Miya's life, they'd been kind and hospitable.

He was going to stay here in Elvenland, and obey the three iron laws of the demons hunters;

Swear no allegiance to any army,

Spare not a single one of daemonkind,

And never stop carrying out missions.

Wherever those blood-sucking Daemons went , he'd follow. Those creatures had killed both of his parents and experienced their sadism for several months. But luckily, he'd survived with the help of the demon hunters, who raised him into what he was today.

As he lay in the comfy bed, restless, he heard what seemed a hushed cry of despair coming from the walls to his right. After a few sniffles, he stilled, wondering if the Elves had taken a secret prisoner nearby. Moments passed and curiousity urged him to investigate from wherever the source was.

He silently got out out of his chamber. The sound of a weeping woman definitely louder than before. He strolled to the Elven hallways and finally found the door two rooms away from his chamber.

He rapped his knuckles to the door in three cautious knocks. Suddenly, the crying stopped.

Alucard slowly opened the mysterious door using right hand, whilst his left hand lightly gripped the handle of his long sword. The creak of the doorway reverbrated through the halls. Entering, he was shocked to find the pretty Archer, Miya, sleeping peacefully in her bed. At his interruption, she groggily opened her eyes to look at him, tired but definiteçy not crying. Alucard could've sworn that the sound clearly came from her chamber but he could be mistaken...

"What are you doing in my room? And why are you looking at me like that?"

She inquired, pointing out his bewildered wide eyed gaze inspecting her and the room.

" Uh--were you just crying? or are you hiding a crying lass somewhere in your room?"

Alucard awkwardly rubbed the back of his head,then swept a hand through his hair, sending white strands fall near his eyes. The situation struck hin as odd.

Meanwhile, Miya looked at him as if he'd gone nuts.

" Me? Crying? I don't cry. And fyi, I don't have any lass or lad locked up anywhere in my room. The prison cells are in the dungeon. Not in my room."

Miya didn't have to add the word 'duh' because her tone itself implied it.

Alucard just nodded in assent, yet grew more baffled than ever. He wondered why she was lying through her teeth or why was she even crying like she bore the world upon her shoulders.

Because Miya's actions might not indicate the tears she wept earlier but looking closely, her eyes had a tinge of red in it, still raw from crying.

____________________________________________________________

The next morning, he hung out near the Elven garden.

Whistling a random tune he heard from a vicious Pirate Lord named Bane, he strolled and enjoyed the sunny air while it lasts for in the evening, Daemon blood would be shed all over again

Minding the peace and quiet, he perceived Miya, high above the castle grounds, walking briskly to the direction of King Estes' throne room.

Her expression struck him as odd, she was stone-faced and devoid of emotion.

For the second time, he wondered what was the matter with her.

He mulled over about what had happened earlier....

He was eating his breakfast, quite deliciously, even licking the juicy remnants of the chicken from his fingertips. Breakfast at Elvenland was like a feast. He ate along with the other Elves. He consumed and tasted every single dish placed in the long table.

That's what he was doing, about to pick up the last dish he hadn't eaten yet, when he incidentally found Miya, she looked paler than ever, the food on her plate remained untouched.

"Hola Miya!" he greeted quite cheerfully.

When she didn't turn to look. He repeated to call her again.

'"Miya! I'm right here!"

But she only looked down at her plate. He remained unnoticed.

Suddenly, she abruptly stood up, looking as if she wanted to vomit whatever was left in her stomach. Then, she practically ran from the table, away and toward who knows where.

    Back to the present, he decided to follow her. Curiousity does that to people, even immortals like him. He spied Miya entering the King's throne room.

He quickened his pace.When he arrived at the throne room, the door was locked.

No Elven guards could be seen. King Estes or Miya might've shooed them off.

He pressed his ear to the door to have better access in hearing.

Some words were so hushed that he couldn't quite understand what one person or the other was saying.

But he heard Miya utter the angry words, "How can you even look me in the eye?"
Then again, the rest of the words were silenced.

He actually felt guilty to what he's doing, eavesdropping on a royal fight. Still, the urge to know more, overpowered him.

They exchanged a few more unpleasant banters until King Estes uttered the words that froze him in place.

"You push me, Miya. Cousin or not. I, King Estes, in the name of the Moon Goddess, hereby detain you from your post here in Elvenland as Captain. You are no longer allowed to talk, buy, sell, trade, or communicate to any Elf in Elvenland. You will officially be considered an outcast. You're free to go, Miya."

Silence ensued for several seconds. Until, heavy footsteps neared the door and Miya unlocked the knob so hard, the door bounced back to the walls. Not even sparing him a glance, she angrily barged out of the room in a speed that only she could put off.

Miya didn't stop walking until she reached the gates of the castle, or until she left the town itself.

   But she eventually did, when she crossed the border that marked the land of Elvenland and beyond.

(The border)