Tigreal

It's been exactly 90 days since he joined. Tigreal trained hard with his fellow soldiers. They were all skilled in swordmanship but no one compared to Tirgreal's skill. Well, none except Freya.

He hadn't fought against her yet, but he felt like he met the opponent that would either be equivalent to his talent or ultimately defeat him.

The best thing in their training sessions, was to have someone like Freya, teach you the art of war.

She was stern and commanding. Tigreal was a veteran but Freya told them experiences that he wouldn't dream of. She would duel with an unlucky soldier and became the victor in mere seconds. She was merciless but not unkind.

His respect for her was off-the-rooftops.

She informed them the details of their cause. Queen Alice was on the move and they needed to prepare for the upcoming clash.

He'd never once forgotten, the ultimate reason why he joined Freya's army. To justify the death of his soldiers. After then, he'd find his peace.

_________________

While Tigreal was trying to find Lucio, a young man, to spar with. He saw Freya with an odd expression on her face. Eyebrows furrowed, lips thin. Her face was a blank mask but there was a storm of emotions beneath her eyes.

Nearing her, he saw that she was staring at a vase.

Without looking at him, she spoke;

"I've sinned and made a lot of sacrifices but I only regret one thing. I grieve for that regret and it shall live with me, forever."

Tigreal listened mutely.

"I had a son when I was just a young Valkyrie, 56 yr old, and I lost him when I turned 57."

"I should've defended him, took care of him, but instead, I wandered off to far away seas, fighting wars, protecting lands that weren't even mine..."

She solemnly gazed at the vase again.

"I didn't realize until later that no glory or victory will compare to your own child. I learned the hard way when the Furies attacked my home. My son's death served as a vicious strike of blade against my stomach."

Freya didn't mention, back in the 60s, how the thunder of her deep sorrow struck the world. Wherein mankind experienced the worst storm of their lives.

"If there were only a way to bring him back...but he's nothing but dust in that vase now."

Her eyes was lost, mourning her past. Then she turned to look at Tigreal, eyes clear and no trace of grief left.

"Don't make the same mistake like I did, Tigreal. All mistakes are the same, they leave you with regrets.

I know of your intentions. I warn you to be careful, because there's a thin line between justice and revenge."