Natalia

MOSCOV GRIPPED HER BOUND wrists tightly as he led her to wherever he was ordered to by his Holy Highness, Alice.

He was smirking and had a contented look in his face that she would gladly scratch off if she was unbound and given the privilege.

Soon, she thought. I'll end this soon.

The plan was in motion, perfectly clicked in its righteous place. Her Claws was still intact and that was enough.

"Where are you taking me? " - she asked Moscov, portraying an  indifferent act.

With that, his smirk broadened into a creepy ass smile.

Sly bastard. Natalia thought.

"You'll see."

•••

They arrived at a monstrous chamber with ceilings so high, she couldn't see the end of it. The space was broad and dark and terribly ugly. She hated this place with the deepest trenches of her soul.

In the center of the room lay a glossy throne made of what seemed like bones and the color of blood---there sat Queen Alice.

Natalia instinctively felt goosebumps in her arms and she fought not to shiver at the sight of her.

Alice wore a bloody gown crafted from fine silk and amethyst cloth. There was no denying, that she was a beautiful, alluring creature of the dark and yet her eyes spoke of ancient hatred, gazing at her felt like looking at orbs of  bottomless pit of all your worst nightmares.

Interestingly enough, blood mist clouded her as if caressing every part of the Queen of Blood herself. Daemons of varying kinds flocked beside her, leering and jeering  cruelly at Natalia.

"Leave us."  - the voice was just a whisper, a soft command but laced with deadly steel that promised you of death if you dared defy her wishes.

They scurried off, afraid of her wrath, probably having seen it before.

Natalia spoke first.

"Where is she? "

"In a cage. Identical to the one you stayed in earlier." - she spoke.

Perhaps Alice expected a good reaction to that remark, but she wasn't very inclined to please the bitch.

"I'll give my Claw, in favor of Karina's life."

Eerily, Alice's lips slightly tilted up but her eyes reflected a blank slate of emotions.

"I like you, you are very frank for your age ."

"Well sorry to break your heart but I despise you, my Queen. You   are very creepy for a Witch."

A small tinkling laugh erupted out of Alice, the sound was as menacing as her eyes. Then it stopped abruptly, "You will die before you leave this chamber, assassin. I'm sure you know that. "

With a click of her fingers, Karina appeared in front of Natalia.

Natalia's eyes burned cold at the sight of her friend. She had a very pale complexion as if she lost a lot of blood,  gashes lined hr arms and face. Her mana was critically low and her lifeline.... it was obvious that her friend was spent and nearing death .

"I will bestow you my Claw, if you unbind her. My Claw will make you strongest immortal in the entire vast realm. It will give to immunity to magical and physical attacks. You can't take it from me by force, only if  I give it willingly. Unbind her, and it shall be yours. "

Alice's eyes changed and glinted a sparkle that it didn't possess before. It seemed she was a sucker for power.

"Very well."

Natalia eye contacted with Karina for a split second, a silent agreement automatically laid out.

She walked closer and closed her eyes, concentrating on the task at  hand. "We need to link hands to transfer my Claw. " - Natalia uttered.

Alice glared before taking her hand solidly. She laid out her Clawed hands in front of Alice, as if presenting it like a gift.

Alice was a fool. The need to link hands was a hoax.

Taking the Alice's position to her advantage, Karina acted quickly and used the remnants of her mana to use her ult skill, immobilizing the Blood Witch for precious seconds. Then, Natalia planted the neutralising bomb to slow her down. She relished using her ult skill, clawing off Alice with a ferocity only a trained assassin could harbor.

Alice was immobilized and her lifeline was heavily damaged but she could still use her skills in telepoting behind the assassins.

"You think you two can kill me me",---Alice sported lethal blood magic in their direction---"with a few swipes of your Claw and your little knives? --- Natalia and Karina stumbled slightly but quickly regained their footing---"I am the Queen of all Witches. Immortals fear me and wet themselves at the utterance of my name."

Natalia became invisible in a matter of seconds. Alice looked around, only to feel immense pain to her sides, she was weakening  with the way Natalia was using her Claws.

Alice fought back with her ult skill, thick blood vines of magic    sucking off the assassin's lifeline greedily. Natalia's life lessened by half but she'd already anticipated the move-- and struck back by once again releasing the neutralising bomb. Granting her immunity for a split second, Natalia and Karina moved as one and gave the Queen of Blood her death blow.

•••

The two assassins had done this a lot of times in the past, ganking was a thing they'd bonded together.

They released Alice, letting her lifeless body fall to the ground. Alice had underestimated them and that had been her grave  mistake.

Wiping of the dead Witch's blood from her hands, Natalia smiled at her hard-earned victory.

Karina was alive and her task assigned to her was complete.

But they had a slight problem... getting in was the easy part. Getting out was going to be a bit difficult with their current forms-- Karina wouldn't be of help, she'd drained herself and could barely stand up. Natalia was on critical condition and would be unlikely to survive fighting alone Moscov and a horde of Daemons.

Still, they needed to leave the  hell of a place that reeks of blood  and nasty Daemons.

Natalia and Karina started to walk stealthily towards the door when a loud noise as if something had erupted came.

The door was splintered into pieces and  a gaping hole replaced the entryway before. In the middle of it, a young girl holding a huge bazooka on her shoulders stood proudly. Beside her stood an archer in white, a male fighter, and another marksman sporting shiny guns--
and all of their weapons were fiercely pointed at the two assassins.

________________________________________________________________________

NOTE

This story is nearing its end...this is the second to the last chapter. I hope you enjoyed this!