Freya

THE OWL USED TO HAVE FEATHERS like fine snow with brownish pinstripes blanketing its tiny frame. But now, splatters of red covered its feathers--rugged and unhewn, as if it flew to her home in a rush.

       The owl blinked its round yellow eyes and stretched open its beak  and uttered the words, "Cousin, I need your help

       The owl blinked its round yellow eyes and stretched open its beak  and uttered the words, "Cousin, I need your help."

         It was in Rafaela's voice.  After she heard the owl's message, Freya did not bother to reply, but immediately ran as fast as she can to the Army's Quarters.

      The soldiers took one look at her agitated expression and stopped whatever they'd been doing.

"Soldiers,  ready your shields, weapons and arsenals!  We're going to land."

*

Opening the vestibule of her home, where the double doors led to the path of the sky. The clouds seamed in white and blue everywhere.  The air was chiller, windier when the doors were unclosed.

Freya adjusted her sword and shield, behind her trailed warriors armed to the teeth. 

Land dwelled below the sky, so Freya jumped down. hurtling her body through the clouds.

The rest jumped too,  following in her wake.