Estes

NOTE: 

I haven't updated for 8 months and I'd sometimes think of just letting this book unfinished due to my packed schedule and school works. For those who care, I'm truly sorry for not updating. I'll try to finish this story and alas all of us will be at peace.

________________________________________________________________________

       ESTES GAZED AT HIS reflection in  the glass window. He had weary eyes and his thoughts were running wild with all the things that had transpired.

And the centre of it all, Miya's departure. She was a niece he adored, a strong and an essential  asset to the kingdom, but she was still young and the danger the kingdom was now deep in had no need for soft hearts.  If only she knew all the things he'd done to make their realm free and cocooned with the veil of safety.

He'd shed everything and sacrificed a lot of things in order to preserve things the way they should be. That was the main reason why he called an infamous assassin from the North to bring back the realm to their proper state.

A slight ache throbbed in his heart at the thought of his first love. What could've been if they weren't so foolishly lovestruck, clueless and naive. Past love had poisoned both of their hearts and they'd ended like this.

He, a King standing alone in his kingdom, scorned by his niece.

She, a Witch who loved a boy then paid for it.  Morphed into a character that everyone hated, turning everything dark in her path.

Love was like poison infiltrating one's bloodstream, it needed to be eradicated before the toxic spreads more.

Estes trusted her--the assassin, she had the cloak,  The Claw, and the affinity. Estes hoped Natalia would finish the task he assigned to her soon, because things were spiraling fast and he thought it would end either very happily or very badly.

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

omo thank you so much for the 12k reads and 500+ likes.  I really really appreciate it! - xx