Yun Zhao

His whole body felt like a wheeled- cannon had trampled on it

His whole body felt like a wheeled- cannon had trampled on it. His ribs ache, some bones were definitely broken yet he didn't seem to bleed profusely, at least what he'd seen so far.

His army had been ambushed. After a long battle, they'd been weary and celebrated their victory until those creatures had arrived. Their foes had the element of surpise...and how horribly surprised they'd all been.

Marius, soldier on duty for the night, had alerted him and the rest of them of  the presence of a beautiful woman lurking in front of their base like a lost lamb amidst a flock of wolves.

The woman wore an alluring midnight blue long gown with slits that reached and showed off her upper legs. Her jet-black hair which contrasted against her flawless ivory skin was unkempt and rolled of in waves, partially covering her abundant cleavage.

Her eyes wandered nervously between the soldiers gathered around, while some licked their lips in anticipation.

Some of them hadn't seen a woman for months, years, let alone one as arresting as this one.

"May we you help you, Miss?"  He'd softly asked, slightly embarrassed over the salivating soldiers behind him.

Just like that, the innocent girl disguise peeled off her as she smiled wide, revealing sharp fangs.  Her eyes glinted dangerously as she disappeared into mist and thin air.  

Seconds later, shadowy figures surrounded their party, seeming to come out of nowhere. There were many of them, their long revealing gowns swished and sighed with the wind but they themselves evoked no sound.

Witches. It was mass bloodbath, soon the soldiers fell to the ground, pale and limp as if the blood had been sucked completely of their system. The gory details he'd rather not envision. He'd used his ultimate skill and ran to escape, leaving the lifeless corpses of his comrades behind.

And here he was, in an unknown place, his blood leaving dark patches on the grass where he lay.

The blood magic was slowly poisoning his body, eating away his strength.

Until an angel appeared in front of him. She shone so brightly that he had to squint his eyes to see her clearly. She had those golden wings and sparkling eyes that reminded him of sunlight.

He blinked wondering if he was in a place beyond the living.

"Am I dead? Are you an angel?" He managed to stutter out.

A soothing feeling came over his body. Then pain soon fled and he began to lose consciousness.

*

He woke up, feeling light and at the fullest HP. Beside the cot where he lay, sat a beautiful woman. Looking closely, she really looked like an angel that fell from the sky. She couldn't be a witch for she had that angelic aura yet he couldn't be too sure.

"How are you feeling?"
she asked.

Even her voice felt like  bright sunny mornings and honeyed clouds.

"Good. Great, actually."

"That's nice to hear. You're here at the Angels' guild, we're healers, and you may stay, or  leave anytime you like."

"So.. angels truly exist. Thank you for healing me, Miss."

"It's what we angels do. You're welcome. I'm Rafaela, Head Guardian, what's your name, sir?"

*

Days passed by and the  completely healed, injury-free Yun Zhao still hadn't left the Angels' Guild.

He himself wondered why he stayed but he couldn't make his feet go out and leave the area yet.

Some days, he brandished his weapon and practiced for hours. While some nights, he'd help carry the sick and injured to be healed by the Angels.

He was lurking outside, the hour was late and the stars gazed from above, when he heard the familliar sound. Like slithering snakes, the swish of long gowns echoed in the silent wind.

The first Witch appeared in front of the enchanted gate of the guild. Like the first Witch he encountered, she acted as if near-tears and portrayed the actions of a helpless, badly injured woman.

Dark blood gushed out of her neck as she called for help. The Angels who arrived early took one look at her and hurriedly began to unlock the protective enchantments of the gate.

Zhao knew better. Those bottomless eerie eyes that now cried tears was so familliar. It was all an act.

"Stop it! Do not open the gate!" - he shouted to the worried Angels.

He spotted Rafaela mumbling  spells under her breath, and slowly the magical chains and locks disappeared from the gate.

"Rafa, do not open the gate! That woman is a witch! You'll all be slaughtered!"

    But she didn't hear him, too focused on the charms. Before he reached her side to stop her. The gate loudly  creaked and groaned,  opening wide.

The Witch pretending to be an injured woman instantly disappeared from view.

    A horde of cackling Witches replaced her, long gowns swaying, sauntering forward in uniform steps.

Then they faded into
shadows too.

Instantly, they teleported everywhere inside the Guild, so many of them, surrounding the weaponless Angels, and utter chaos shattered the peace of Angels' Guild.

_____________________________________________________________

A/N

BAD NEWS; School starts tomorrow

#Gothamnit

Farewell sleepless wattpad nights...

You will be missed.