Tigreal

HER EYES WERE WILD and filled with silent alarm when she ordered them to gather their weapons.

That’s when Tigreal knew that something was terribly wrong.

Within seconds, they were ready, fully armed and already plunging down, toward the clouds.

Freya had told them that the vast sky was a portal to wherever you want to go. But only she could control the skies, being a Goddess and all.

**

They landed hard, getting unceremoniously dumped to the cold ground, whilst Freya remained untouched,  standing proud and tall.

Briskly standing up, Tigreal looked around. Land. It had been a long time since he died and stepped a foot in one.

He detected the  faint scent of trees, wood and dewy soil . But now was not the time to enjoy the scenery because the smell of blood tinged the air the most.

Fallen Angels lay unconscious on the muddy ground. Covered in blood, their wings were leeched off of colour and their usual golden skin looked  lifeless and pale. They were healers, not killers or fighters, so the amount of the slain Angels shook them.

"Eliminate every Witch you see within your line of sight. Spare no one."

Freya commanded to them and hurried to the battlefield.

The fallen warriors aligned in perfect unison, placing themselves in the battle position they'd practiced for months.

"Charge!" Freya shouted.

All of them roared the battlecry that rang loud and clear.

The Witches looked up at them, bemused, their razor-like teeth tainted with red. They hissed menacingly when they perceived the ferocious warriors clad in steel and blades.

The Witches wove illusions like a spider made its silky web. They taunted the warriors with their teleportation and blood magic.

A Witch wearing a sinister smile stood in front of Tigreal.

   Without hesitation, he used his second skill, Sacred Hammer, in his enemy's direction, stunning her for a moment, then he executed his ult, Implosion, forcefully thrusting his giant sword into Earth, pulling the Witch closer to him, and delivered the killing blow.

A warrior's duty was to bring victory. And every one of them held the blades of steel that slayed the foes surrounding them.

Tigreal was onto the next Witch, attacking a fellow warrior with blood magic when he heard a  man laughing while fighting amidst the chaos;
"Your whole body is a weak spot!"

The voice was familiar. Memories from when he was still alive, with an army to command rushed back into his mind.

They'd come for a truce - to finally bring forth peace between two raging kingdoms. And instead, they'd bought an army thrice their size.

The man continued to mock the struggling Witch beneath his grasp. The spear, the silvery armor, the arrogant mouth-- it was him.

The man who led the army that slaughtered his own.

Walking forward with eyes riveted to only one person, Tigreal rolled his shoulder blades and tested his sword by twisting his knuckles.

For justice. For honor. he thought.

Who else was going to pay but the life of the leader himself?

*

A/N:

TIG IS MY MAIN BTW
What about you? What's your main hero?

And I love it when my teammates are well-fed and strong...