Miya

Thank goodness, King Estes was back to help defend their kingdom

Thank goodness, King Estes was back to help defend their kingdom. He'd been in a healing sleep and she needed a helping hand. She sighed a breath of utter relief.

The Moon had blessed her, and now, the elves called her the 'Moonlight Archer'. That day, waves upon waves of blood daemons and witches invaded their land. And she was able to save their kingdom with her blessed Arrow. She'd become their heroine and lifesaver.

Her spine ached, from a long month of sleepless nights, firing arrows a hundred times a minute.

Immortals didn't sleep but resting after a fierce battle was much needed.
She was not in full health. She needed a drink of elixir.

Right when Miya was about to go back inside the castle, a strange gurgling noise erupted from behind her.

She knew that sound. For it only meant one thing; Daemons.

But this one seemed different. It was as scaly, foul-smelling, and ugly as the others but it was much much bigger than the other Blood Daemons.

Must be their leader or something. Oh hell.

Perfect timing. Miya thought sarcastically.

Miya pulled her bow and struck.

"Arrow, find your target!"

And the arrow did. It staggered back. The Daemon was camouflaged within the mesh of trees.

Growling, the Daemons turned its ugly red eyes upon her.

"You will dieee, Archer. All of you will. The ultimate clash will annihilate your elven race and we, Daemons, will riseeeee. Ihehiehe."

Even its laugh was grotesque, like scraping asphalt to asphalt.

Miya raised her tired arms and fired again.

Then missed. Because Daemons could teleport, a trait, they inherited from the Succubus.

The Dameon instantly appeared not far from her and tried to scratch out her hands, which held the bow.

Wise Daemon.

Miya could not strike the Daemon bec. it was moving from places to places. If she were only in her full attack speed..

Then, she felt pain in her arm. The pain was familiar bec. she'd been attacked with it once.

Blood magic.

High damage, extreme lifesteal. She didn't think she could kill the Daemon, not today, maybe immobilize.

The Daemon's ugly hand held a blob of blood magic, preparing to strike her. Her ult was in cooldown so she couldn't have evaded the blow.

When a flash of deep red, then a glint of steel meeting scaly flesh appeared before her. She only caught a glimpse of his face.

He wore no badge, no siege, no banner, in his clothes. He was no elf. She was sure she hadn't seen him before.

The man swiftly twirled his sword around, a few quick turns, then in a blink of an eye, dismembering the head of the Daemon, from the rest of its body.

Miya peered up at him curiously.

He cleared his throat. As if what he'd done was a piece of cake.

"Ma'lady, Sorry to intrude to your fight. I didn't mean to killsteal. But you didn't seem to be in your best shape. "

He wore a red coat with intricate engravings in it. And his sword was marked with spells, of various Daemon hexes.

A demon hunter. Miya concluded.

He was smiling at her. White teeth flashing. He seemed pleased to see her.

He seemed odd.

She only said;
"Thank you. I would not have killed that Daemon immediately if it weren't for you."

He made gestures with his hands when he said;

"No hassle. I'm Alucard. You know, I've been tracking that sneaky commander Daemon for a while now. And seems like your kingdom is abundant with it."

He whistled appreciatively.

"Nice weapon by the way."

His devilish grin appeared again.

Strange man. she thought.