THE SISTER

Dennis and Kathleen are sisters and are living together in a flat in New York city. Dennis who is the eldest, works as an accountant for one of the leading banks while Kathleen just begun
her nursing job. One particular night while Dennis is at home she received a text message from her " hi , my car just broke down and there no cabs available please come and pick me up from here,.......
Dennis drove to the required location and found Kathleen standing by the roadside, " hi what are you doing all the way out here?",Dennis asked as Kathleen got in but she didn't say anything Dennis noticed her handbag is missing . " where is your handbag, where did you park the car?",she asked. She remained silent, " can we please go home, I am very tired". She complained. Dennis frowned and drove back home.
The next morning Dennis was having breakfast in the kitchen, last night as they arrived Kathleen just went to her room without saying a word. After getting ready for work she went and knocked on the door " Kathy , good morning aren't you going to work today?", she asked. Silence followed , annoyed Dennis left the house.
At the work She tended with a customer at her counter when the manager approached her " Dennis I need you to come with me there is someone at the office who wants to see you", he informed me. "Okay", saying so she placed a next teller board on her counter and followed him. A police officer waited and requested that she must accompany her to the hospital. As they entered the hospital he began to speak " yesterday we retrieved a body at the old factory at Stewart street not far from it we found a abandoned car and retrieved your business card and a mobile from the handbag in it. I tried calling on your cell but it was unreachable, please follow me in here", he said as he entered a room and held the door open for her. Dennis entered , it was extremely cold she instantly knew she was in a mortuary. There was a table at the center of the room with a corpse on it which was covered with a white blank sheet. The officer removed the cloth to reveal the corpse's face. I stared in horror it was KATHLEEN. "How can this be possible, she is at home", she thought. " Do you recognize this person?", he asked. " yes .........she is my sister." She said with tears in her eyes. "Oh...I am sorry for your loss ma'am,.....would you like me to drop you somewhere", he offered.
Dennis ran out of the room and hurried out of the hospital, crying as she ran on the street, people stared her. She cried all the way home , she realized that the location was the place where she picked Kathleen .As she entered the apartment ,she went to the Kathleen's bedroom , the bathroom, kitchen , she searched every corner of the house, her sister was gone. " She came back to meet me for the last time", Dennis thought. Sobbing loudly she pulled out her cell phone and called her parents , they immediately came to visit her, all family members and friends arrived in the next few days for the funeral.
A few months later, Dennis entered the house and sat on the sofa , she heard faint noises in the room and then footsteps began too approach her it became clearer as they neared her, she stared in shock wide eyed. Kathleen walked up to her and sat on the sofa across from her, feeling terrified Dennis spoke to her. "Why are you back?". She glared at her with bloodshot eyes.
The psychiatrist wrote down something in her book as Dennis continued to explain. " I am taking my medications and have been more socially active, I feel more positive about my life than ever".
"Do you fully understand now that Kathleen is deceased and she does not exist ." The psychiatrist assured. " I know that very well the only problem is that she does not accept that and denies to leave, before she used to be only at home now she follows me everywhere", Dennis replied.