FONTIER JUSTICE

Long ago there was a small nation Situated in a valley where soil was fertile and river ran deep Abundance of grains, water and livestock made this nation the hub of the region. Its prosperity was the reason it came to the attention of neibouring tyrants Soon invasions followed Every nation has patriots and this nation was no exception. They formed an army and fought off invasion after invasion The army's leader was Mark It is believed he got this name because his boots left a distinct mark where ever he walked Mark always led from the front, his boot marks were the proof of his bravery At last the tyrants realized invasions were futile and made peace. Mark felt his job was done and disappeared, people saw his boot marks leading towards the mountain top; Peace prevailed and the small nation continued to prosper Generations passed and it was believed Mark passed away on the peak For no man lives for ever Then the thriving nation faced new kind of danger not from across the border but from its own gangs of outlaws The authorities could not overwhelm these riff raffs and the people who had read and heard about Mark prayed for a miracle Then one morning the people found the outlaw leaders hung by their neck in the main square Two trails of that distinct boot marks were visible, one leading towards the square and the other leading away from the square towards the mountain top.