THE SHADOW

Children are known for their unique ability to imagine things, adults find them to be false no matter how realistic these things may seem to the child. Something like this happened to me when I was a twelve years old , my mother and I moved into a new house it was big and spacious and we loved the place , it started on the first night , I had a bedroom of my own so that just added to my miseries. I felt like being watched behind me, but I did not dare to turn and see who it was , during the night even half asleep I swear I felt the mattress crack as if someone just got in the bed it didn't leave until the morning light penetrated into the room.
I told my mother about it but she said I was just imagining things as I was nervous staying in the new environment I asked her if I could sleep in her room but she sternly replied that I have to get used to my new room. As night fell I dreaded going to sleep,lying in my bed I immediately fell asleep , I was awoken in the middle of the night by a particular noise. It was the sound of footsteps, terrified I pulled the comforter above my head, I felt it climbing the bed then a huge weight pressed on me into the mattress , it was lying right on top of me. I didn't move or scream as I began to see dim light of morning the weight shifted from on top of me. I instantly removed the cloth from my face but saw my room was empty. This continued for a few more days , I was terrified and scared I haven't seen who always came into my room , I decided I will confront it tonight. It came again during the night and got on top of me this time I pushed it away I heard it crashing on the wall, I got out of my bed and finally saw it, across my bed a dark shadow was visible on the wall, it gleamed yellow bright eyes. It walked out of the wall and pounced on top of me , scratching my arms and face I screamed loudly and saw my mother burst into the room she saw the shadow like creature pinning me down on the floor , she pushed it away from me and grabbed me, the thing glared at us and finally faded away. She took me out of the house and into our neighbors house , we didn't return until morning. By evening the next day we moved into my aunt's house until we found a new place to stay, three days later we shifted our belonging out from there and left that place for good. A year later we met the broker who sold us the house and told him everything , he told us that long ago a couple used to stay in that house and they had a daughter but the child developed terrible anger issues and she would get violent with anyone who came near her , she was confined to her room she died at a very young age due to brain hermourage. The parents left the house afterwards. I figured out she didn't like me being in her room. We asked him why he didn't tell us about this before , he informed us that he didn't know the place was haunted.