THE ROAD TO NOWHERE

The rock music blasted through the speaker as I drove at high speed. I loved this song last resort by Papa roach. The road was practically empty the last car I saw passed by an hour ago.

"Are you we going the right way?" Hannah asked. "Hannah I have been on this highway road many times trust me I know where we are going", I said. "You took a lot of turns back there, we are not even on the main road anymore ....you think this is a shortcut right?" she asked frowning.

"Um..." I thought hard trying to find the right words. "For God's sake Isaac why do you have to find an easy way out of everything?" she screamed in frustration. "Oh come on, you are the one who said we have to be at the wedding early, if we went on the main road it will take hours the wedding will be over by then", I said. She rolled her eyes "For God's sake this road probably is even longer for all we know", she said.

I drove for an hour in complete silence. We should have reached there by now or atleast be in Northville town. Maybe Hannah was right maybe this road is not the short cut. "Hannah do me a favor and check the map and see where exactly we are", I asked. "You really don't know where we are?" She frowned as she went through her handbag.

"Just check the map", I said. "Hold on I am checking ", she snaps and unfolds the piece of paper she places her finger on the paper and shows the map to me " look, this is the main road and there are many other roads connected to it, there should be a patrol pump comming up anyway", she assured. Another hour passed by and there no sign of patrol pump or any residents there was just an empty road which stretched on for miles and miles ahead of us.

"I think we should call someone"; she suggested and took out her cell phone. She dialed the number and then frowned. "It's out of service, where is your cell phone", I tried to call from my cell phone it was out of service too... how these were possible. I saw a route ahead; there was a sign board which read
WELCOME TO OLD TOWN in bold letters.

Thank god we have found a town now we could get some help; I turned the car in the drive in. The town was small and the few buildings were very very old. "I see why it's named old town", she said and began observing the map again.

It's not on the map", she whispered. "Maybe because it's abandoned, I don't see anyone around", I answered. "Let's just hit the road and keep going", she suggested. "No, lets Atleast check the place", I said. "Ok" I slowly drove the car into the town there was a hair saloon, bakery, convenience store and even a cinema but no sign of people that was really odd. I parked the car in front of the patrol pump and fed gasoline in the car. "Stay here I will check inside ", I told her and she nodded in agreement.

I walked inside the shop and looked at the counter no one was there. I picked up a few things and returned to the counter and waited for a few minutes after that I placed money on the counter and walked out of the door. I walked towards the car and found Hannah standing outside. "Are you thirsty I bought you a bottle of water", I said and handed her the bottle. "Thanks", she said and took the bottle. "It's so strange there is no one inside there", I said. "What do you mean?" she said taking a sip from the bottle.

"I mean there is no one actually in there", I informed her while closing the fuel tank. "Well maybe they were inside and did not hear you", she retorted. "Maybe", I agreed. She threw the bottle of water in back seat and turned towards me. "I think we should we should split up and check out this place", she suggested. I did not like the thought of searching an unknown place on our own especially in a place where we don't see any people maybe they were hiding. "I don't think that's a good idea", I said. "Well you wanted to make a call", she asked. "I don't think that's a good idea look we have filled the car with fuel let's just go now we will surely reach Northville soon", I suggested.