MIDNIGHT HAPPENING

I  hate  this  job  ",  I  mumbled  to  myself  as  I  placed  the  heavy  box  on  the  floor.  I  was  just  about  to get  back  to  my  work  station  when  my  boss,  Harvard  noticed  me.  "Jack,  would  you  come  here please  I  would  like  to  have  a  word  with  you",  he  said  flicking  his  fingers  at  me.  I  plastered  a  fake smile  on  my  face  as  I  walked  into  his  cubicle. God  I  hated  that  man  so  much,  he  was  a  complete  jerk  and  not  worthy  of  being  the  department head,  last  week  I  prepared  the  plans  for  a  construction  site  when  I  showed  it  to  him  he  said  it  was not  good  enough  and  then  presented  the  exact  proposal  to  investors  and  took  all  the  credit  he  even scooped  thousands  of  dollars.  While  I  am  stuck  working  under  him. I  enter  the  room  while  he  is  looking  through  a  file,  "Jack,  I  will  need  you  to  prepare  some documents,  you  may  collect  the  details  from  Margaret".  He  announced  with  authority.  "Okay,  I will  return  the  report  to  you  by  Friday",  I  replied  and  was  about  to  leave  the  room. "No,  I  need  it  first  thing  tomorrow  morning",  he  said  looking  up  to  me.  He  was  now  trying  my patience;  he  knew  that  was  impossible,  if  I  had  a  choice  I  would  have  walked  out  of  this  job  long ago.   But  it  is  very,  very  hard  to  get  a  decent  job  in  this  city.  After  a lot  of  struggles  I  was  selected  to work  in  this  company.  I  guess  I  will  have  to  spend  the  night  in  the  office.  "Okay",  I  said  to  him and  walked  out  of  the  room.

10  pm...

I  typed  as  fast  as  I  could  on  my  keyboard,  I  have  been  working  all  afternoon  and  into  the  night and  still  the  report  wasn't  ready. As  mid  night  neared  I  had  finished  with  the  report  and  now  began  to  pack  everything  in  my office  bag  I  stood  up  to  leave  when  something  really  unexpected  happened.   Out  of  no  where  a  man  approaches  limping  into  my  office,  he  wore  a  grey  suite,  had  multiple gashes  on  his  shoulders  and  back,  his  head  and  clothes  were  covered  in  thick  blood.  He  moaned loudly  as  he  stumbled  onto  the  cabinet  bringing  it  crashing  down  and  scattering  all  the  files  on the  floor.  Blood  was  oozing  freely  from  his  wounds,  he  tried  to  cover  the  deep  cuts  with  his hands  and  they  became  soaked  with  thick  red  liquid. He  tried  to  stand  straight  but  kept  crashing  into  everything  in  the  room,  he  kept  grasping everything  staining  the  wall  and  furniture,  his  blood  continued  flowing,  dripping  heavily  on  the floor. I  stood  frozen  in  place  at  my  desk  staring  at  the  man  in  disbelief,  I  could  view  the  exit  door  from my  workspace  and  I  never  saw  him  enter,  how  was he  able  to  get  through  the  guards.  Seconds later  I  heard  heavy  footsteps  approaching  I  could  guess  by  the  sound  of  it  that  the  person  might be  be  quite  large. 

Then  a  man  appeared  on  the  doorway,  he  was  six  feet  tall,  he  wore  a  black  coat,  his  eyes  were red,  his  face  was  smeared  with  blood  as  pieces  of  glass  stuck  out  from  it,  he  appeared  completely crazed.  The  fact  that  he  held  a  bloody  Axe  just  added  to  the  terror. I  felt  frightened,  I  wanted  to  run  but  couldn't  as  he  was  standing  right  at  the  doorway.  But  he wasn't  looking  at  me;  in  fact  his  eyes  didn't  even  turn  at  once  towards  me.  He  just  kept  glaring  at the  injured  man  who  was  on  his  knees  now."No,  please  don't  do  this  I  am  sorry  really  sorry ....le......let  me  go",  the  poor  man  begged. The  crazed  one  moved  towards  him,  he  held  his  Axe  with  both  of  his  hands,  tightened  his  grip  he started  slashing  away  on  the  man's  body.  He  started  to  scream  in  agony,  red  blood  shot  out  from his  limbs,  he  kept  screeching  that  terrible  ear-piercing  scream  ,  it  was the sound of pure fright,  this  seemed  to add  to  the  excitement  of  the  crazed  man  and  he  hacked  him  with  more  energy  ,  seeing  an opening  I  grabbed  my  bag  and  ran  out,  going  outside  the  building  I  find  the  three  guards  lying  in their  pool  of  blood....they  were  hacked  to  death.