FLAT NO.10

Why can't I go to summer camp?", I whined." The holiday will last for the whole month; I can't just stay at home, please let me go all my friends are going", I pleaded. My mother folded a hand towel and placed inside the drawer. "I am sorry Ria, your father has decided not to send you and we just took a loan for the car okay, you can call your friends during the holiday", she stated. Next morning my parents left early for work, I lived in an flat, were almost twenty flats in the building. During the day it is practically empty as everyone is at work or in school, since it was the holidays I assumed all the kids in the building has gone to the camp as they all go to the same school as me. After doing all my chores I decided to call my friend Miranda on the phone. She kept talking about how much she was having fun at the camp, this made me more sad and frustrated after hanging up the phone I played a movie and started watching it when the bone chilling scream echoed through my living room. I jumped in my seat hearing the dreadful sound, still shocked by the happening, I heard another dread full screech. I realized it was coming outside. I opened the front door slowly and peeked out , the scream again filled the hallway this time to was more clear. It was coming from the flat facing mine. Flat no.10 belonged to Mr. Brown , he was in his late thirties and lost his wife three years ago due to long time illness. He now lived alone and I was sure he was not at home. I walked towards the door with the Number ten plate engraved on its surface and knocked on it. "please help me, ....get me out of here!", the voice pleaded, it belonged to a woman. Frantically I ran inside my flat and slammed the door shut. Grabbing my cellphone I called my mother " mom, there is a woman in the next flat screaming , there is a intruder in there", I barbled."what?!", she screamed in shock. "Just ...lock the door and STAY INSIDE we are coming",she said. Later on my parents, the landlord Mr stone , Mr Brown , me and other residents gazed on as the police searched the flat. They finally came outside after a few minutes. "There is no one in there", one of policemen informed. "There was a woman in there", I defended my self. My father grabbed my shoulder and frowned at me and sent me inside. The police left soon but not after having a conversation with my parents.
During dinner nobody spoke, as I went to bed I was confused and wondered how come no one was found , when I heard her voice it seemed so real I couldn't have imagined it. The next morning my dad left, my mum came to me and said " look I don't know why you created such a scene yesterday, this has made your father very angry please don't do anything like that ever again", she explained almost tearing up. I walked her to door and watched her leave, I turned to go inside but stopped and saw Mrs Anna Stone ,Mr Stone's old mother staring at me from her door. She signalled me with her hand to come closer, I walked towards her. "You heard her voice too", she whispered. My eyes widened in surprise "What ,you heard it too, why didn't you say anything", I exclaimed. "I have been hearing it for the past few years child I told Jones about it , he went and checked the flat but no one was there. That blood coiling scream can be heard every single day, I kept telling Jones about it but he presumed I was crazy....I never had the courage to find out the truth but maybe you do", she said. " What do you mean ?", I asked in confusion. She drew out her hand and gave me a key, " this is the duplicate key to that flat its better you solve this mystery on your own , nobody will believe so don't bother telling anyone ", saying so she went in and slammed the door shut. I also waited in my flat for a few hours and then went and knocked on the door of that dreadful place ensuring no one was at home I unlocked the door and walked right into the living room. The screech of pure terror filled the room, I turned to the direction it was coming from and entered into the bedroom , the screaming continued it was loud and clear it was coming from the exact room I was standing in but it was empty. " where are you , I can't see you? ", I asked her. "I am right here ........behind the wall", she stated in tears. I walked towards the wall behind the bed and pressed my ear against it I heard her crying from the other side of the wall, suddenly someone grabed my hand from behind. I turned around and found Mr brown , "You just had to find out my little secret", he stated angrily.
I tried to move but I couldn't , my hands and legs were tied . I could hardly see in the dark , I felt weak and tired all I could do was scream from the other side of the wall.