THE ELEVATOR

I  hurried  into  the  hotel,  after  so  much  waiting  I  finally  got  an  appointment  with  Mr  Bronson,  the major  shareholder  of  the  hotel,  he  just  cannot  say  no  to  my  presentation.  Looking  in  my  bag  I entered  the  elevator  and  pressed  the  button  leading  to  the  top  floor.  After  awhile  I  sensed someone's  presence  I  turned  to  my  right  and  saw  a  woman  standing  beside  me,I  felt  awkward for  not  noticing  her before.  "hello  are  you  going  to  the  top  floor  too?",I  asked  her.  "yes",  she smiled  .  She  had  straight  black  hair  and  wore  a  black  office  dress  with  matching  boots.  She  had round  eyes  ,  I  found  her  to  be  quite  beautiful.  I  gazed  down  on  her  arms  and  to  my  surprise they  were  covered  in  ugly  burnt  marks.  She  saw  me  starring  at  her  arms  ,  embarrassed  I  looked away.  "It  was  an  accident,  I  got  electrocuted  really  badly  recently  and  it  resulted  in  this",  she said  shyly.  "I  am  really  sorry  I  didn't  mean  to  pry",  I  said  apologetically.  She  was  so  pretty  and naive  I  instantly  felt  really  bad  to  hear  about  her  pain.  "So  do  you  work  here?",  I  asked  her. "Actually  I  am  a  law  student,  I  just  came  to  drop  some  papers  to  my  dad",  she  answered.  I thought  that  the  top  floor  only  had  the  conference  room  where  Mr  Bronson  and  other  board members  are  ,  one  of  them  must  be  her  father.  "What  is  your  dad's  name",  I  asked  her politely".  "Mr Bronson  ",  she  answered.    Wow  I  was  talking  to  her  daughter,  I  hoped  to  make  a good  impression  on  her.  Suddenly  the  lights  went  out  and  after  a  few  seconds  it  came back again.  " Its  okay  ,  it  does  that  sometimes",  she  assured  me.  As  the  elevator  stopped  I  walked  out."So  I hope  to  see  you  around  sometime",  I  said.  "You  will  ",  she  answered  with  a  smile.  As  I  entered the  conference  room  I  found  a  picture  of  her  on  the  wall,  Mr  Bronson  must  be  really  fond  of  her I  thought.  After  showing  my  presentation  Mr  Bronson  congratulated  me  as  he  accepted  my business  deal.  "  Mr  Bronson  I  must  admit  you  have  a  fine  daughter  and  she  was  really  nice  to me  when  I  met  her  in the  elevator",  I  said  to  him.  Suddenly    the  room  silenced  and  everyone including  him  looked  gravely  at  me.  "Emily  died  ten  years  ago,  she  was  trapped  in  the  elevator during  a  power  failure  ,  when  it  came  back  the  electricity  surged  through  the  elevator  steel walls  and  she  got  electrocuted,  she    was  burnt  badly  and  instantly  died",  He  explained  seriously. I  opened  my  mouth to say  something  but  Mr Bronson held  my  hand.  "It's  okay,  many  people have  come  across  her  ,  all  of  them  have  claimed  of  meeting  her,  don't  think  about  it  too  much  I will  meet  you  tomorrow  Mr Smith",    he  said.  As  I  got  into  the  elevator  I  couldn't  believe  that she  was  dead  she  seemed  so  real  and  .....alive.  All  of  a  sudden  the  lights  went  out  again  for  a few  seconds  when  it  came  back,  I  felt  someone's    presence  beside  me.  She  stood  there smiling  sweetly.