To The Queen

His words to me change the way my heart beats, honesty can be a cruel beast that has the power to ripe you to shreds, cutting you down completely. In a way I'm thankful for it, he leaves me no doubts, there is no crack in his seams that can allow me in. His honesty hurts but honesty has a way of doing that if deep down you weren't prepared for the harsh answers. I'll never be what the moon wants me to be to him.

I want to curse the moon, I want to forsake her and turn my back on her, but I can't because it was my own free will that caused all this to myself. I was warned, I knew that it was wrong but I continued on flinging away the consequences of my actions only to gain momentary reward never thinking of the future.

I can't fault Fin, he's just showing me his truth no matter how painful, it's his truth and I think that's all I can ask for. No hoping in the darkness for any light to shine in, no hoping for anything.

His feelings for me are barren never will they yield any harvest....

The truth of others makes you see things in a clearer picture that's no longer fogged up with your own lie's you try telling yourself.

"Victoria" looking up from my wine glass I'm met with Grey's harsh stare.

" Avoidance doesn't suit you, where have you been. Five days, you don't eat with your pack. No one can find you."

I take another swallow of my red wine letting the liquid warm my stomach "he hates me Grey, he really, really hates me." I can't meet Grey's eyes as I look out the window into the blackened night.

Sitting down next to me on the couch, the sides of our bodies touch, once again those familiar pulses of electricity hums slightly between the two of us. It's a delicate feeling, not the crackling, sparking shock that happens when Fin touches me. No this is just warm, soft and comforting.

Swallowing another mouthful of this liquid that makes it easier to go to bed at night. I haven't been able to sleep for very long during the night, always waking up, the same dream over and over. His voice telling me I will never want you.

I rest my head on his strong shoulder savoring the comfort of what his body offers me. "He doesn't hate you Victoria, who could hate you. He's not thinking right now and trust me he will regret this."

"Grey, he doesn't want me breathing I think that classifies as hate."

He starts laughing, "if he didn't want you breathing he would have killed you already."

I just keep my head on his shoulder. "Thank you for being my friend Grey, I never meant for any of this to happen, If you could go back in time would you change it?"

I can tell his heart rate picked up slightly, "no I wouldn't change a thing"

"How did he forgive you?"

"I had to take a lot of punches and he still hasn't completely forgiven me but he understands now the pull that we felt for each other." He's starting to get uncomfortable squirming slightly in his spot, arms crossing over his chest.

I lift my head off his shoulder continuing to slowly drain my glass of that deep red liquid.

"You have to be careful with that stuff, you don't want to rely on it too much." His eyes glance to my drink. Giving him a sad smile of understanding I nod my head "I'm not Meela, you don't have to worry about that."

"No, you're not her at all." Grey closes his eyes at the thought of her and a smile stretches across his face.

I smile back at him "she's lucky to have someone like you, I'm glad you're making progress with her. Just remember, be patient and don't rush things wait until she's ready for you. Have you called her yet?"