Alpha Male Instinct

Finian POV

Broken, battered, Victoria's body covered in deep scarring wounds, that just add another layer to what's already there.

Screaming in rage to the Moon, screaming in rage to myself.

My mother already being picked up off the ground being tended to because she was wounded the worst. I had to pick, she needed the attention first, while Victoria holds all my attention.

Pain

Pain

Pain

Eyes furrowed, shallow breathing, a whimpered gasp, while I pick her up in my arms. Hands clenching into fists with her movement. A moan of extreme agony. Jaw held shut, tears coming out of closed eyes soaking my shirt.

"I want these females kept here, none leave. I'm going to be back for them." Walking away with Victoria in my arms, head against my chest. A small kiss placed on her head, it's brief without thought as if this is the most natural reaction to do to my female that's in pain. The sigh that comes out her body which is carefully tucked into me is in pleasure, I could override her pain if I really wanted to.

Every now and then she startles, grabbing onto my shirt as if I'm going to drop her at any moment.

Holding her in one arm, trying to turn on the water before washing away most of the blood from her body without trying to open her slowly healing wounds up is impossible. Laying her on top of the bedding, letting the blood ruin the clean sheets. They won't be able to be cleaned, they will need to be thrown away.

A memory from her past flashes, never did she have clean sheets to sleep in, always soiled with some body fluid leaking out of her. Every night no matter if she went to the bathroom or not, she would always pee the bed, night terrors. Always she was made fun of because she smelt like urine for many years into her youth until her wolf came, no more peeing after that.

Lana comes into the room with her bag of medicine.

"I'll go to my mother since you'll be in here."

"Don't go anywhere, I need you to help me. Your mother's going to be fine, she's sleeping well." Lana takes a deep breath, looking at Victoria.

"This is hard on me, Fin." Opening her bag, she takes a jar out, when the lid opens it smells cool, crisp on the nose, her hands are shaking.

"Lana, what's going on?"

"I'm fighting my demons Fin. I need a moment to clear my mind." When she closes her eyes the temperature in the room chills slightly, taking a very deep breath, sucking the air around us, before turning towards the door, blowing her breath outside in the hallway. Shutting it quickly, "stay out." She says it to the door, not to me and I feel the hair on the back of my neck standing on end.

She shakes herself out, smiling as if nothing has just happened. Healers have a way of creeping you out slightly.

As she approaches her, she has a gasp of breath, "look at her." Lana examining my female, lifting up her arms, hands going over her legs, stomach, everywhere there is exposed skin.

Old deep wounds are catching her eyes more than the new. "These were done before she shifted, did you know that?" Littered with scars, her whole body is a roadmap in her education of hate.

"All this was done when she was just a little pup." Again Lana is saying this while shaking her head, taking in the layers of the abuse she suffered at the hands of someone who was supposed to love her.