Moments

Finian's POV

Victoria just can't stand staying in the same space as me; it's almost as if she treats me as if I am diseased.

Aren't you? The demon is always lurking, always there to infect me with words I can't stand to hear.

Charlie no longer practicing her lopsided smile. Instead, she is showing the demon her teeth if she had teeth. Her lips are pulled back revealing gums, but the intention is there it can't be missed. Watching Charlie at this moment reminds me of Victoria all teeth and claw a characteristic trait that is deeply ingrained into the Nature of who she is.

The demon no longer on my shoulder with Charlie's display of teeth. It makes me realize the demon must be afraid of Charlie.

Afraid of her? No Finian, she just doesn't understand yet who I am but one day she will, just like she doesn't understand who you are, but one day she will come to understand just who you are. With the last word out of the demon's mouth, she disappears into the air leaving behind the tendrils of blackening vapor.

Looking down at Charlie I have things to answer too but today is not the day for that.

Charlie puts her teeth away smiling lopsided back at me. I smile back at her without teeth, but then I show her my teeth, and within seconds she shows me her's. We have a back and forth game of smiling then displaying teeth at one another.

This makes me howl with laughter, her little pink gums exposed in dominance without any effort on her part; it's embedded deep with instinct.

Alpha trait

Setting Charlie in her crib for her nap, the first thing I do is snoop for the hidden picture. I know it's in here. She never takes it out of her room. I can hear Charlie making noises in her crib as if she is holding a conversation with someone.

Finding our picture behind the dresser, putting it right where it belongs.

Front and center

So when you open the door to the room, it's the first thing to greet your eyes the image of us.

Delicately pulling down Victoria's covers on her bed I take my shirt off, and pants off getting in I roll around slightly laying my scent down, so her skin will always hold my smell.

I want me on her always.

Making Victoria's bed the same as before so she won't have an idea anyone has been in her nest of covers until she pulls the sheets back and gets to have my scent surround her when she closes her eyes at night.

The only time I can surround her.

This is slightly shameful on my part, here I am Alpha of the Northern, Eastern, Southern and Western Territories and I'm reduced to rolling around in her bed just so that she will hold something from me willingly or not.

Getting up I look at papers blank papers that are on her dresser, lifting some of them up, hidden underneath are lines and lines of the word,

Charlie

She's practicing writing her pups name so much it almost looks like she can write other words now. I see Victoria's name scribbled in the corner of the paper as if she needs confirmation she still can spell her own name. Putting everything back exactly, no need for her to know I know this secret she thinks she still holds.

Getting Charlie because she doesn't sound like she wants to take a nap, grunting and fussing slightly. When I look down at her in her crib, her funny smile greets me while I give her mine without teeth. Picking her up we make our way downstairs. The table full of wolves, loitering around.