Understanding

Finian's POV

Red-faced hurt.

Gone is her love eyes.

She stares blankly ahead not looking at me rocking in a chair that sparks a small memory before it fades away. The stink of jaded green jealousy surrounds the inside or our pup's room; it's a sour taste that coats the back of my throat.

"Victoria." Still no eye contact with me, she continue's to rock herself in the chair, hands around her growing belly, it's as if it's her only comfort in this minute.

"This is not how I envisioned our first day to go in our new home." She continues to rock herself steadily, almost as if she is that small pup in a crib who everyone just forgot about.

"Would you choose her over me, over our pup." Her eyes snap to mine, a flash of the wolf inside that has been dormant until now.

"Where is this coming from?" Crossing my arms because it feels as if she's throwing knives deep into my heart. All our progress, gone.

"I see the way you look at her." It's a sad laugh I give her.

"What did you see Victoria, me touching her belly if you would have stayed longer if my mother wouldn't have snatched you away from me. You would have seen me touch Sophie, telling her how great her boys will be. But you didn't stay and see all this; you just left with your judgment of me. I had to entertain my brothers' pregnant females by myself."

"You fed her!" Now we are getting to what's bothering her. Her insecurities crying out loud for me to hear.

"You're mad because I fed her? Grey and Thomas weren't around; they were both hungry. Sophie already ate from my hand; you just didn't see it because you came down later on. Meela and I were just talking; you walked in, and you were the one that made things uncomfortable. I was feeding her because my brother wasn't there. I will always feed my brothers females if they aren't around to care for them. Remember that Victoria, I will always care for them if my brothers can't. I would expect the same if I wasn't able to feed you, I'd expect one of them to step in for me." She silently continue's to rock herself, not meeting my eyes, mouth downturned in unhappiness.

"I admit to you that when our hands touched, it was a shock. I feel things for her, but its gentle not like I feel towards you." Meela is more of a gentle spring brook while Victoria is a raging current of rapids of incredible strength if I was touching them at the same time.

"Why are you mad? Because I feel the same pull towards her that you feel for Grey? You're allowed to feel things for Grey, but I can't feel anything towards Meela? I have never acted on that pull I feel towards her, I've never had her underneath me the way you had Grey on top of you." Flinging my hurt towards her.

"I can't help feeling a connection for her Victoria. It's so screwed up, just like you can't stop that small connection you have with Grey. It will always be there." Stepping inside the room now, my focus is consumed by my mate who is hurting so bad inside that it's tearing my heart away.

"I can't explain what I feel for her, just like you can't explain what you feel for Grey." Getting closer to her, she's still rocking herself in that chair I will use to rock our daughter in.

"Did I do all this for Meela? Did I? No, I didn't! I did all this for us, for her." Putting both my hands on either side of her belly. The pup so active inside her that I'm afraid she could internally bruise Victoria with the strength of her kicks.

Moon power

"I did all this for her, for what she's going to be. Those boys will be her biggest supporters. I know what you've been trying to do with the younger generation. I see how your mind's working. Why aren't you considering the fact that these future males will be her greatest allies? She will be above them; she will be above us. I can feel it every time I feel her; I can feel the power. She will be more than I could have ever dreamed of being." Kneel down between her legs, with my hands still on the pup inside her.