Targets Identified (Chapter 4)

"What will your first question be?" Ku wonders.

Everyone else wasn't too sure about the man. Sure, we could ask all the questions we want, but we won't know if he's lying or not...is the same thought going through all of their minds. Yet, they all felt like they could trust him, and that he would tell the truth.

"What happened back there?" Everyone ask at the same time. They look at each other right after, surprised they managed to answer the question in perfect unison.

"That was your Elemental magic reacting to each other, it happens when you meet Elemental Masters for the first time," Ku answers.

"That makes sense.. Brenton's voice trails off.

"We all go to the same school. We've been in the same room plenty of times, how come it didn't happen then?" Urana asks.

"Is there a certain situation? And Elemental Masters? What's that about?" Owen adds.

"Wonderful questions! I will start with Urana's: you have never actually payed attention to each other have you?" They all looked at each other, aware that it's true.

"That is why. You could not have a reaction if you all were not paying attention and are not actually doing something together," Ku continues.

"Now for Owen's: yes, there has to be certain situations. For different people, it is different circumstances. For you all, it was actually 'meeting' for the first time, and trying to solve something together. Now for the second one, Elemental Masters are powerful. Their magic is based off of elements. Obviously. There are Elemental Masters every generation, you guys are this generation's Elemental Masters. They are passed down, randomly. Just depends on who is in your family. That is all there really is to say for now," Ku answers.

"I love how we're all okay with him just knowing our names," Brenton brings up.

"To answer your question Brenton: I only know your names, and your element, that is all," Ku replies. "Because I know your parents and grandparents who are friends of mine."

"Frankly, I would have loved to know a little more about you before this but, lack of meeting means I could not get to know you five," Ku adds, taking another sip of coffee.

"So like the uncle who's seen us when we were babies," Owen mumbles. "But we don't remember."

"Why did you give us the note?" Ava asks, peering up from the bean bag.

"An excellent question Ava! I gave you all the notes because I needed to meet with all of you. It is quite the situation," Ku's face turns grim. Everyone else also tenses up, wondering what the situation is.

"There's an organization called Destruction. And, to put it simply, their intentions are bad. Seeing as your powers are one of the strongest, they would kill you first, when the chance is right. That is why...I asked to meet all of you," Ku finishes.

"Do you have proof?" Owen asks.

"You couldn't possible think we'd just believe this out of the blue," Urana adds.

"Of course. I have proof and did not expect you five to just believe what I say. Here," Ku presses a button on the table and multiple videos and pictures show up on a hologram. Everyone leans in, curious.

"Destruction does not have many mages. The only mages are the leader, highest and most powerful, Generals, not many but also powerful. Then, Captains, who are powerful but not as powerful as Generals, but still deadly. The many 'soldiers' they have are not mages but lifeless creatures. As you can see from these photos. There is also some videos and pictures of their plans. And...as you can see with this one, their to-do list also includes killing you five," Ku explains, showing picture and video after another. Sure enough, someone was holding the piece of paper and written on it, is there names and 'kill' next to it.

"Those guys know everything about us..." Brenton looks worried.

"N-no way," Alex's eyes widen.

"We seriously are targets..." Ava's voice trails off.

"But, what are we going to do?" Urana questions.

"How'd they even find out this stuff?" Owen asks.

"This is why I reached out to you. I am taking the responsibility to train you and to, hopefully, train you enough, before they make their move, to able to survive a fight with a Captain," Ku explains.

"But aren't they the like, the weakest ones there?" Brenton questions.

"Yes, but they are still really powerful. I am starting from scratch with you five and I do not have all the time in the world to train you. So...here is the deal: you five will come here together everyday, during school days, after school. Weekends, whenever all of you can manage. This is for your protection, please come as often as you can," Ku looks at them, looking dead serious.

"How did you get the notes to us?" Alex asks quietly.

"I...had some help from the inside," Ku answers, his seriousness not fading.

--

"Do we go?" Ava pops the question. Currently, they're sitting on the curb in a neighborhood.

"He could just be lying, I mean, I don't think he's lying but it's a possibility," Urana brings up.

"There's also a possibility of him being the bad guy. I mean, I don't think he is, but you have to consider it," Owen adds.

"Forget the stupid possibilities! If you take those into consideration, we'll never be able to decide!" Brenton argues.

"Well, our lives are on the line here. They also know about our families and what not. I don't know about you guys, but, I don't want anyone to get hurt. If we can learn to defend ourselves...there's no harm to it," Alex says.

"Smart. Let's go tomorrow then," Urana agrees.

"Its best not to take this as a joke. So let's go tomorrow," Owen also agrees.

"They know that much about us, I'm not taking any chances. I'm in," Ava adds.

"Well, I have people I want to keep out of harm's way so I'm in too," Brenton finalizes.

--

"You all showed up," Ku looks surprised as they climb up the rope ladder.

"Well..we kinda had too," Ava replies, climbing onto the platform.

"For whatever reason you all decided to come, I am just glad you came," Ku says. They go through the back of the treehouse and Ku leads them to the room with training equipment.

"You may want to change out of uniform," Ku suggests.

"Where can we change?" Owen asks. Ku points to the back, where the bathrooms are. All five of them rush into the respective bathrooms to change.

10 minutes later, everyone is out, wearing their workout clothes. Ku clears his throat.

"Listen up. This training will not be what you would consider normal, it will be hard and repetitive. But remember, this is for your own good. To be able to protect yourselves and gain a control over your magic, you will have to work hard. Do not forget, you are no ordinary people-" Ku couldn't help but smile "you are Elemental Masters."