Super Strength (Chapter 14)

While everyone else got to cool down, Owen worked on keeping his super strength in control.

Ku knows he's a quick learner but this was proving difficult.

"Owen, you need to remain calm. You are too worried about breaking something," Ku sighs, as Owen accidentally throws a tree across the room.

"I'm trying. It's just not working...besides...I'm always calm," Owen grumbles.

"Ever since you met those guys, that has been proven otherwise," Ku says.

"Okay, but still. Why is this so HARD?!" Owen smacks the tree next to him and it goes flying. His eyes widen and he looks down at his hands.

"Good grief," Owen mummers.

"You will get there. I know you will, now just keep trying," Ku tries to cheer him up. He walks closer to Owen and puts his hands on his.

"Hold my hands," Ku instructs.

"What?" Owen questions.

"Hold my hands," Ku taps his hands against Owen's.

"But I'll crush them," Owen protests.

"You will not," Ku reassures him.

"You don't know that! I don't want you to have you have broken hands!" Owen looks at him like he's crazy.

"Just relax and hold my hands. Like you do in a handshake," Ku repeats.

"But-"

"No more buts. Just do it."

"...okay..."

Owen holds onto Ku's hands, and tries hard to not crush the bones. His eyes closed, as he concentrated. Sweat pours down from Owen's forehead. Ku smiles at the teen and nods his head slightly.

Owen suddenly pulls back, his breathing heavy as he looks down at his shaky hands. "I can't do it Sensei, I can't do it!" He looks over and Ku instantly puts a hand on top of Owen's head.

"You can do this Owen, you just need to practice."

--

"Guys! Guess what!" Owen dashes into the room...the door in hand.

Everyone stares at him. Wide-eyed.

"No need to worry. All you need to do is this-" Owen shoves the door back in place and it works. "And it's as good as new." Although he told everyone to not worry...he was the most worried, he starts visibly sweating.

"Dude. You have problems..." Brenton's voice trails off.

"I know, I know," Owen sighs, taking a seat on the floor, careful not to apply excessive force. "I actually have to think in order to NOT break something," Owen rests his forehead on his palm.

"You'll get the hang of it," Urana pats his back and pulls back quickly.

"Yeah! Stay positive!" Ava adds.

"Okay, well, I'm positive that I'll have to think in order to NOT break anything forever," Owen lifts his head up.

"That makes, like NO sense," Brenton comments.

"Oh, c'mon, don't be like that," Alex punches his shoulder playfully.

"I'd punch you back but I might just break your bones," Owen pouts, putting his head in his hands.

"Dude, you're like, one of the smartest people I know. Either you're gonna figure it out or you're just gonna get the hang of it and eventually forget about it even being there and all. So relax," Brenton offers, saying it like it was the most obvious thing ever.