Teddy Bear (Chapter 19)

The smell of pancakes causes Owen to wake up. He rubs his eyes, as his stomach rumbles, wanting to eat. "Jeez, calm down, I'll go eat," Owen mummers sleepily.

Yawning, Owen gets up but feels a tug on his arm. He looks around and sees Alex holding onto it like a stuffed animal. Alex is asleep, softly snoring but holding onto Owen's right arm tightly. What do I do now..? Owen thinks. He couldn't just get up and forcefully leave. Yet he couldn't just stay here until Alex woke up...right?

I left my phone in my room too! Owen groans, rolling his eyes. Well, it was a spur of the moment decision anyway...

After a few minutes, Owen decides to try and get his arm free. He slowly pulls his right arm, but much to his dismay, Alex simply holds on tighter and started to stir.

Oh screw it, Owen decides. He leans back on the bed frame. That movement is when Alex's eyes opened.

Alex looks up at Owen and quickly lets go of his arm. "Whoops...thought that was my teddy bear..." Alex realizes, then pulls the covers over himself.

"Dude it's fine. After all, I did just randomly come into your room," Owen gets out of the bed.

"Is that pancakes?" Alex instantly gets up, standing next to Owen.

"Woah. That's fast," Owen jumps back a little.

"Sensei's probably making it since it's your first day here! You have to eat his pancakes! They're the best!" Alex exclaims, jumping up and down and then grabbing Owen's wrist and running downstairs.

"Alex! I didn't even brush my teeth yet!" Owen cries out in surprise.

But the blond kid didn't even stop for a minute and had the both of them down there in a second flat.

Owen blinks multiple times, his hair sticking up at random places as his eyes were wide. Alex on the other hand, looked much better than Owen did.

Ku turns to look, "Good mor-" He then bursts into laughter. Owen gained his composer and fixed himself, not looking amused. Alex joined in on the laughing after he turned around.

"Haha. Very funny," Owen rolls his eyes.

"You're no fun!" Alex laughs.

"You have to admit, I was caught off-guard and it was funny," Ku grins, turning back to pancakes.

"I think you rubbed off on Sensei, Alex," Owen sighs and takes a seat.

"That might be true," Ku shrugs, putting some pancakes in front of Owen. "Syrup and fruits are in front of you. Enjoy," he adds with a smile.

"Wow! Alex wasn't kidding, this stuff looks good," Owen looks impressed.

"Sensei, you've passed Owen's test! It must be best pancakes in the world!" Alex jokes, sitting next to Owen. The table is the island that is placed in the middle of the kitchen. So far, Ku only has three chairs there.

Owen cracks a smile, and then takes a bite. "I made you smile! I feel accomplished!" Alex smiles back.

"You should. I don't smile for no reason," Owen agrees, nodding as his face turned serious. He looks deep in thought as he chews the pancake with maple syrup and whip cream on it. Owen plays around with the fork, his green-brown eyes focused on the movement but his eyes looked like they were looking at something deeper.

Alex stares at Owen. This type of concentration and depth of thought felt new to Alex. I've seen them serious...but never this close. It's almost...hypnotizing...Alex thinks to himself, as he focuses on what Owen was doing. He looks like some form of majestic when this focused. Alex starts to wonder how Urana looks when she's focused or deep in thought.