Orb of Portals (Chapter 26)

Ku ran into the dark mouth of the cave, worry pulsed through him. He spotted a mage standing over the five cowering children. The mage's hand started to glow an ominous color and the kids gathered closer together.

Fury overtook Ku's senses as he watched the children try to protect themselves with little flickers of magic. The mage watched them, the children having huge tears fall from their eyes. Ku didn't wait another moment and punched the mage away. Ku quickly beat the mage to the ground.

The sounds of whimpering made him come to his senses. Ku stopped mid-punch and ran over to the children. He immediately took them into his arms and felt them wrap their tiny arms around him.

"That mage did not hurt you right?" Ku held the five children closer to his heart. He felt their little heads shake 'no'.

"I told you not to follow me..." Ku found himself tearing up. "Listen to me next time please..." The little children nodded silently. Ku picked them all up and walked away. "The police will take care of whoever that is."

----

Ku paces in front of the five teens, his face said everything but happy as he glances at Amy. Amy stands by the doorway, and brings a cup of coffee.

"Here you go," Amy gives Ku the cup and Ku drinks it all in one gulp. Amy moves away with the cup and sits down on the couch.

"Sensei-"

Ku puts up his hand in front of Brenton to stop him from speaking.

"I do not want to hear any excuse," Ku doesn't look at the teens at all. His hand falls down as he starts to pace again.

----

"Vada! Vada!" Ku called out to his sister in vain. He was told to keep his sister inside the house. He was trying to stop whoever it was from coming into their house. He told his sister not to follow him. He tried to keep her away from the hands of evil themselves. He was merely a teen as was his sister.

But she didn't listen. Vada disappeared into the darkness, following him as he battled someone. "Vada! Vada please call out!" Ku ran around looking for her. He turned a corner and spotted her standing. Ku hugged her tightly only to be shaken off.

----

Ku grips his staff tightly and starts to pace faster.

She came back...but she was not the same anymore...

"Do you have any idea how stupid it was to follow us there?" Ku turns his head to look at them. His glare stern, and full of wisdom, not to mention worry.

"Did you ever stop to even consider what could happen? You lot were lucky you found us before that General and her creatures found you," Ku questions sternly.

"I do not want to hear about you mentioning risks and then not taking action to avoid them," Ku stops from Owen and Urana from speaking.

"There is always a reason behind what I tell you to do and not to do. You all need to understand that and act upon it appropriately," Ku explains.

"Also, where exactly did you two go?" Ku questions with a raised eyebrow. He had a good idea but didn't want to assume until he heard it straight from them.

"To get the Staff of Misery..." Owen answers.

"We failed idiotically," Urana adds, disappointed with herself.