Orphan and adopted (Chapter 12)

The small raven-haired toddler looked at her new surroundings. Knowing well that this wasn't the place where she and her brother were. In fact, she couldn't seem to find her brother anywhere.

The toddler walked around, grabbing onto the furniture and looked around for her brother.

"Bren? Bren!" The little toddler called, her voice getting louder each time. She saw a woman and a man. They were talking and looked over at the toddler.

"Alexa!" The woman smiled and picked her up.

"It's nice to see you up and around," the man smiled, he pinched her cheeks.

Who the heck are these people?

Urana looked at them, confused. "Bren?" She questioned, hoping they would know where her brother is.

"Oh. You don't have a brother," their voices ringed in her head.

There's no way Bren would leave her alone...

The couple let her walk around and she continued to look for her brother.

And the longer she couldn't find him,

The harder she cried.

----

Both Brenton and Urana walk into school with a depressed face. Alex, Ava, and Owen notice immediately.

"It's crazy!" Alex exclaims.

"Absolutely impossible!" Ava cries.

"What's so weird about it? What's weird is that we're in the janitor's closet," Owen raised an eyebrow, gesturing around them.

"Those two...can't be depressed. I mean, I get Brenton, but Urana? She's usually so collective and calm," Ava points out.

"I wonder what's going on," Alex adds.

"Let's find out," Owen suggests.

"Dude you don't just ask," Ava looks scared.

"Gosh, what's the point? Life is just you being forced to do things anyway," Owen sighs, turning dark for a minute. Metaphorically speaking.

Alex and Ava gulp.

"Where'd that come from?" Alex asks, in a low voice.

"Never mind that," Owen mumbles.

"Either way, we've gotta cheer them up!" Ava stays positive.

"Yeah!" Alex agrees. If he was still troubled, he hid it well.

"I swear all of your positivity is gonna give me a cavity," Owen rolls his eyes.

"Okay grumpy pants," Alex laughs and starts to head out the door. He looks lighter, his shoulders less slumped.

"What the heck were you guys doing in there?!" Urana questions, crossing her arms.

"Who cares?" Brenton shakes his head.

"It's against the rules," Urana reminds them.

The bell rings, saving the three of them from a lecture.

A teenage girl with curly black hair waves at them from the other side of the hallway, and they all wave back with a smile.

"I bet she just finished doing a dangerous stunt," Brenton rolls his eyes.

"Like you don't," Urana scoffs in a joking manner.

They all laugh as Brenton pouts, crossing his arms.