Behind that smile (Chapter 9)

The walk to the treehouse was silent.

The awkward kind of silent.

"Good afternoon everyone," Ku smiles, noting the awkward silence between the teens.

"Hey, guys! Ready to rumble or what?" Amy exclaims, coming out from the virtual reality room.

Everyone nods, avoiding eye contact with each other. They quietly make their way into the training room, Ku and Amy close behind.

Amy looks over at Ku, and he nods. Amy then turns to pat Owen and Urana on the shoulder. The two brainiacs turn their heads. Amy points her thumb backward and tilts her head to give them the message to stay back.

Ku takes the others, talking to them about their control of magic. Since Owen and Urana already had good control, Ku didn't think they needed to hear the same speech again.

The reason for that was so that Amy could find out what happened to silence them all.

Owen and Urana follow Amy towards the main hall of the area.

"So, uh, what's up with the silence?" Amy questions, turning on her heel.

"Oh. That's why you called us," Urana crosses her arms as a force of habit. Owen pushes back his hood a little, just so that you could see his face. Urana raises her eyebrow for a second then turns her attention back to Amy.

"Alex lied saying that he didn't come yesterday due to him being sick and he didn't want to pass it on to anyone. We all know he's lying and I'm pretty sure he knew it too. So it was a very tense moment. After that, we didn't bother talking and just walked in silence," Owen explains, blowing his bangs for no reason.

"I see," Amy nods. "You two should get back," she adds and waves them towards the training room.

The three of them make their way inside the room. Owen and Urana make their way over to where their friends were sitting. Amy joins Ku in standing.

"Well, let's start with your warm-ups," Amy instructs, summoning a basketball. She starts to dribble. She runs all the way to the edge of the room. A hoop shows up and Amy dunks it. She throws her fist in the air and grins.

"Let's play Coach!" Urana says, taking the ball on the ground and dribbling.

"Heh, you'll lose against me again kid," Amy smirks.

"I know. Wouldn't hurt to try, besides it's a good warm-up," Urana smirks back. Her confidence not fading even for a second.

"Coach! Can I get a softball bat?" Ava yells, jogging over to them. Amy, while blocking Urana from the net, summons a bat and throws it Ava's way. Who jumps up and grabs it. Balls come from all over and Ava hits them one by one.

A skateboard shows up at Brenton's feet. "Oh yeah! I'm off!" Brenton literally takes off, blowing the wind in the guys' faces.

"I swear that's getting annoying," Owen huffs.

"It's nice knowing he has a sport he likes," Alex smiles. A baseball bat gets thrown at Alex and he grabs it with his one hand. He then proceeds to join Ava in hitting the balls.

A small smile appears on Owen's face but fades away as soon as it appeared. A soccer ball appears in front of Owen and he starts to dribble around. A goal appears and Owen scores in it. He then repeats dribbling around.

Ku looks over everyone from the side. Amy and Urana playing basketball...Urana losing badly, but she doesn't even flinch. Ava and Alex swinging their bats to hit the balls away. Brenton practically flying with his skateboard and going through the obstacles and ramps. Owen with his soccer ball and his different track events. This was always their warm-up.