Bandages can't stop the pain (Chapter 8)

Alex clutches his arm tightly, opening the door of his room. Biting his lip in pain, he closes the door. He then leans back on the door, tears threatening to fall, instead, he slowly falls into a sitting position, while leaning against his door.

The tears begin to fall and Alex wipes them away. He gets up and walks over to the mirror. His face had multiple bruises, his arm has a long and deep scratch on it. His legs still had some scars. He grabs the first-aid kit and takes out the wrapping bandages, then wraps it around his arm. It would be fine by morning when he goes over to Sensei's.

"Make sure no one finds out." His mom threw bandages at him.

"You're in big trouble if they do." His dad glares.

Alex looks at himself in the mirror. The bruises on his face would be hard to coverup. I could put bandages on them...Alex thinks, touching the one on his cheek.

"Ow!" He flinches, he then bites his lip. Hoping it wasn't that loud. He takes out the smaller bandages and places them on his face. Brenton can tell something's up, Alex looks at himself in the mirror.

His eyes were red and brimmed with tears. His face, covered in bandages and his golden locks looked as sad as he did.

As scared as he did.

"This is me..." Alex realizes. "A scared, helpless kid who doesn't know what to do!" Alex starts to cry. He hugs himself, he couldn't figure out what else to do.

"Me and wanting to keep you safe like I'm your mom..."

The very image of everyone's first meeting came up in Alex's mind. Then Sensei and Coach. Wiping his tears, Alex looks at the mirror.

I'll stay strong to make sure I won't break!

He smiles...

The same smile that has been fooling everyone for years.

---

I can not shake off the feeling that something is wrong with Alex...something terrible is happening to him....but how can I be sure? Ku thinks, pacing around the next day.

I have had this feeling from the moment we met. And not just him...Ku stops thinking, due to the fact that Amy has walked in.

"You've told me what you're thinking about...through text?" Amy takes out her phone and points to it. "Really?" She adds.

"Well I had to tell someone and I am definitely NOT going to talk to the kids, about this anyway."

"Ya, I get that you told me. But you, don't use text a lot. Which only means that your bad feeling has skyrocketed." Amy crosses her arms and shifts her weight to one of her legs.

"You are correct Amy..." Ku's voice trails off.

"Is it about all of them or one of them?"

"It is-"

"You're wrong Urana! It's not even close!" Owen's voice interrupts them.

"You're the one who's wrong!" Urana counters.

"Ugh, chill out already," Brenton rolls his eyes.

"You have no room to talk!" Owen and Urana yell at the same time.

"Guys!" Ava cries out.

"Take some chill pills, and listen to our joke," Alex adds.

Ku smiles. "Sounds like they are here."