As If I Haven't Already Raised Enough Kids (Chapter 28)

"It's okay...I'm not here to hurt you," the woman rocks the five babies gently. That blond one looks a little too skinny...the woman's face fills with concern.

"They seem like the Elemental Masters...hopefully Sensei Ku or Amy is around," the woman looks around. "I have to warn the Magic Council that someone took the Relic."

--

After knocking down all the creatures, Amy and Ku run down the hallway and into the room where the Relic is, stepping over the ashes.

"Brenton. Totally him," Amy states. "Change my mind."

"Do not think I can do that...Queen Irene?!" Ku looks surprised, but what made him confused is the five babies in her arms.

"Oh don't tell me they touched the damn thing," Amy facepalms. "Hi Queen Irene."

"Hey Sensei Ku, Amy Burns. Again I told y'all there is no need for the formal Queen Irene," she looks at the corner of her eye. "Irene is fine."

"Well I do not want to offend the Council around you," Ku jokes, the three adults laugh.

"Also Amy, they did touch it and crazy enough they were trying to stop each other from touching it," Irene chuckles.

"Only them," Amy shakes her head with a laugh.

"Well Ku, these cuties are the Elemental Masters right?" Irene guesses, happily rocking the five babies.

"Oh yeah. I'd recognize that face of protection anywhere," Amy points to Brenton, who is glaring at her and Ku.

"Hm...looks like even their memories are reversed," Ku notes.

"Also the blond one is really skinny and ghostly pale...he looks like he's barely living," Irene's face goes back to concern.

"Those idiot adults..." Ku growls to himself.

"Here lemme help you carry them," Amy moves closer to the babies and they cower into Irene's sky blue armor. "Never mind."

"Oh! I caught the babies and then I turn around and the Relic is gone," Irene tells them.

"What?!" Amy and Ku yell. Their faces turning ghostly pale.

"Wait are you telling me that Vada had the other artifacts and the Magic Council said nothing?!" Irene's eyes widen. "I know the Magic Council wants to be sure of something before telling it to the rest of the world but a heads up is ALWAYS nice!"

"Oh, we're doomed," Amy throws her hands up in defeat.

"My sister is going to escape...everything is going downhill," Ku rubs his temples.

"No offense but why did you let these guys get it? You or Amy could've handled those Generals alone," Irene questions.

"I do not doubt them...I just did not want them to think I do not believe in them," Ku sighs as he answers.

"Well good news is that the Relic's effect are going to wear off," Amy lets out a breath of relief.

"Is it because the Relic is out of their range?" Irene asks.

"No it is most likely the lack of strength the Relic had," Ku guesses.

"That makes sense. The Relic wasn't all that bad when I came in here," Irene muses. "Aww, they're asleep," Irene coos.

"We've gotta take them back and hope none of the parents call," Amy takes all five of the babies into her arms.

"Strong as always Amy," Irene compliments.