Relic of Reverse (Chapter 27)

"You let them do WHAT?!" Amy and Ku grimace at the loud voice coming from the hologram. The Magic Council found out about Destruction gathering both the Staff of Misery and the Orb of Portals.

And they were not happy.

"We will be sure to get the Relic of Reverse," Amy says.

"You have to get the Relic otherwise Vada will escape," another voice reminds them.

"If we didn't know any better, we could think that you were plotting with her Ku," a third voice reminds Ku of the tension between him and the Magic Council with Vada being the law breaker.

"I would never. We will get the Relic," Ku tells them. Looking-and feeling-half offended.

"You must. Amy, you have another appointment tomorrow. Please come to that prior to leaving to retrieve the Relic," a formal voice states. With that, the call ends.

The teens keep their ears right on the door, listening to what was going on inside. Ku brought them straight to his house and told them to wait a moment before going home.

"It's not their fault Destruction got the two artifacts," Alex starts.

"They were just protecting us," Ava sighs.

"It's all my fault. I said that we should go," Brenton's fist tightens.

"No, it's not your fault, we were just too stupid to realize the bigger effects," Owen sighs silently.

"We just never really got the chance to let this sink in," Urana adds, putting her hand on Brenton's fist.

The door clicks and the teens quickly rush onto the couch, looking like a blob.

Alex and Owen on the couch, slouched. Ava's arms on the couch as the rest of her is casually sitting on the ground. Brenton striking a pose on the floor, laying on his side with one hand behind his head to lift it. Urana trips over Brenton and plays it off by landing on the couch's edge and turning to make it look like she was about to leave the couch.

"....you guys suck," Amy blurts out with a laugh.

"We know you all were listening. We have been fighting for so long that we know when people are spying on us," Ku says with a tired sigh. "Well, feel free to go home now. I have nothing to say."

"Sorry," the teens mumble as they leave the room with their stuff. Alex and Owen going upstairs to their room while the others head out the door.

"I wish sorry really was enough for fix it all," Amy mummers to herself. "I'm going to go my apartment now." With a hug, Amy then leaves.

Ku's waving hand falls down slowly. Vada...

How did things end up like this between us?

----

"I bought this for your birthday!" Child Ku smiled as he revealed a dark purple box in his hands. He held it out to child Vada.

"Ku! You're the best big brother ever!" Vada smiled brightly.

"You didn't even open it yet!" Ku laughed. Vada laughed along with him and took the box. She opened it up and immediately lets out a scream.

"You got me that necklace!" Vada exclaimed and looked at her brother. "How'd you get it?"

"I spent all of my money on it," Ku tapped the necklace gently. "You said you've wanted it for the longest time."

"You really shouldn't have...but you did and I'm really happy!" Vada gave him a hug, then put the necklace around her neck. "Aw darn now that means I have to give you a good present too."