Magic 101 (Chapter 5)

"Man that training is hardcore," Brenton sighs as he walks into school with Alex.

"First days always the hardest!" Alex says with a smile, looking thoughtful.

"Yeah...good point," Brenton answers, stretching his arms out. He looks over at Alex and sees a bandage on his neck. "What happened?" Brenton questions.

"Hm? Whatcha taking about?" Alex looks confused.

"The bandage on your neck," Brenton clarifies, pointing to it.

"It's nothing, just me being clumsy," Alex answers with a smile.

"Well, be careful," Brenton advises.

--

"Why did Hugh quit? There's only a month-ish left..." Alex gets lost in thought.

"I hear he just didn't like the school at all," Brenton offers.

"I hope we get a better gym teacher than Mr. Hugh," Alex sighs.

"If you can even call him a gym teacher," Brenton scoffs.

"Hey everyone!"

Alex and Brenton turn their faces from each other and see a red-head. The woman has it pulled back into a ponytail, she also has freckles, all over her face. She also has leaf green eyes. The teacher is wearing a green workout shirt with black workout capris and green sneakers.

"Damn, she's muscular," Brenton notices.

"Woah, can anyone have that much muscle?" Alex adds.

"I'm Ms. Burns, your new PE/Health teacher. I look forward to working with you guys!" Ms. Burns introduces herself.

"At least she seems friendly," Brenton mumbles.

"Just a heads up: I'm not going to just make you run around the gym okay? Y'all are getting some proper exercise. Also, I got two different attitudes. One for PE, and one for Health. Just so you know," Ms. Burns warns, glaring over the students.

"She's scary!" Both boys exclaim at the same time.

"I guess...get a teacher who can do both, huh?" Alex chuckles.

"Haha, yeah," Brenton laughs.

"First time you've ever laughed at something I said! Mission accomplished!" Alex exclaims.

"....that was a goal for you?" Brenton questions, not impressed. But Alex was too busy being happy.

--

"Your magic does not just come out of nowhere when you want to use it. In order to harness your Elemental powers and control them, you must find it first," Ku explains.

"Find it? Is probably the question going through your minds right now. What I mean by that is: meditate. Look for your magic inside you. Try to reach it. Of course, I do not expect you to get on first try or to actually fully complete it, but try," he adds.

Of course before they get into magic...they need to get over their personal problems, Ku thinks.

Everyone sits crisscross, Alex and Ava decide to raise their arms slightly and have their index finger and thumb touching while their other fingers are raised.

"You guys look ridiculous," Brenton blurts out.

Brenton had his hands on his knees, almost grabbing them. Owen had himself relaxed, while Urana held onto her legs.

Ku is holding onto his staff, eyes closed. "Just relax and look inside yourself," Ku breathes.

"Ugh, if this means cryptic messages and riddles I'm going to lose my mind," Brenton sighs.