Separated at 4 (Chapter 11)

"I. Love. My. New. Room!" Alex exclaims, falling onto his bed. He laughs, feeling so much lighter and happier.

Who wouldn't have thought he would feel better just by taking away his parents?

"Alex, I have some breakfast ready," Ku knocks on the door.

"Coming!" Alex replies, jumping off his bed and running out the door.

He loved living with Sensei.

Alex slides down the stairs, smiling. Feeling lighter and lighter as the days go by.

He lands gracefully and sits at one of the chairs.

"What's for breakfast today, Sensei?" The cheerful boy asks, looking at the boiling pot.

"Well, I did not cook anything today. Brenton stopped by earlier, and he gave hashbrowns, whatever those are. Ava came a few seconds later with some homemade juice. I am pretty sure both of them planed it," Ku answers, handing Alex one plate full of warm hashbrowns and a cup of juice.

"Looks delish! I'll have to thank them later," Alex starts to eat. Ku also starts to eat, he seemed to rather enjoy the food.

"How is school going?" Ku asks.

"Good, nothing out of the ordinary. We do have an advisory/ study hall today together so that'll be fun," Alex answers.

"That is good to hear. I know it has only been a few days...but do you like living here?"

"I do! I feel so much happier ever since I started living here...I feel relieved. And um, thank you for listening to me Sensei. It really helped..."

"That is good. And of course."

"Sensei?"

"Yes?"

"Did you...call the police on my parents? I won't be mad, I just want to know..."

"...to be honest, I did not. In fact, I do not recall telling anyone either."

"Really?"

"Yes...but I do have a guess as to who might have called the police."

"Coach?"

"No, no. She is an honest person and would not go behind your back like that unless it was absolutely necessary."

"She does seem like that kind of person."

"Say...today I am not sure if I should go over some of the magic principles and rules or whatever you want to call them, or just have you practice magic..."

"Don't ask me Sensei, I totally suck at these kinds of things! Owen and Urana are your go-to's for that."

"I know, would not hurt to ask though."

"True, lemme tell you this funny story! So, this woman is walking around. And she's with her BFF, they rush towards each other and start gossiping. And the woman has a daughter that's listening. So, a few days later, that same woman has a party. She invites all the people that she talks about and," Alex pauses for a dramatic pause.

"Well do not keep me hanging!" Ku chuckles, looking intrigued.

"Aaaaaaaand, the daughter tells everyone what her mom thinks about them, so it's like,

'So why does your mom invite us?'

'Because you're all rich.'" Alex stifles a laugh. Ku laughs, visualizing the entire scenario.

"You and Ava never fail to make me laugh," Ku smiles.

"That's cuz we're us!" Alex exclaims.

----