Ice and Lightning (Chapter 22)

"Belle? Ben?" Brenton questions.

Brenton wasn't sure whether or not he felt relived or felt like they didn't trust him. But he wasn't too worried about it right now. He's more concerned with the fact that the dad's are here this time...

And just who the hell is watching over these guys?! Brenton yells in his brain. Brenton finds himself staring and trying to figure out how fast Belle and Ben are able to move so fast.

The two of them swiftly move, being able to surprise their attackers by coming up behind them. Both punch the two men, making them fall onto the ground.

"C'mon we've gotta get to Sensei Ku before these guys wake up," Belle says, starting to push Brenton towards the direction of the tree house. Ben follows, offering a kind smile to the teens.

"We'll explain once we get there," Ben tells them.

"Good. I'm gonna need a hell of an explanation from you two," Brenton looks over at his friends.

--

Moments later, the teens all sit down on the couch in Sensei's tree house room. Brenton was raising his eyebrow, looking at his friends across the couch. Belle and Ben look a bit uncomfortable, chucking nervously till Sensei would come in.

Sensei Ku walks in, he raises an eyebrow and walks towards the center of them. "Belle? Ben? What exactly are you two doing here?" Ku questions.

"Wait. You know them?" Brenton asks, pointing a finger at all of them.

"Yes but can someone please explain what happened?" Ku asks, setting his staff beside him. "I take it that The Eliminators attacked?" He guesses.

"Yeah. We saw the two males about to attack them and then we came in," Ben explains.

"We had to protect them," Belle adds.

"The police here stink. How did they even manage to escape?" Ku shakes his head with a sigh.

"Now can someone please tell me why these two are mages?" Brenton crosses his arms.

His friends decide to stay silent. Not wanting to butt in on the conversation.

"Belle, Ben, this is your explanation," Ku puts his hands up. If it is Brenton they want to explain something to, they need to it themselves. Especially if they want him to believe them, Ku thinks to himself.

"We're Masters. Me the Master of Ice and Ben the Master of Lightning," Belle starts.

"We were given an Order from the Magic Council to come here. The reason is because the Elemental Masters are supposed to be here but we needed to know for sure," Ben adds.

"So you're only friends with me because I'm an Elemental Master? So this friendship is fake?" Brenton looks hurt.

"NO!" Both Belle and Ben say at the same time. The looks of horror on their face made them look actually hurt.

"Don't jump to conclusions like that ever again!" Belle almost yells.

"We didn't even know till like the summer of 8th grade!" Ben adds.

"Well I'm glad to hear that," Brenton smiles.

"Jeez dude, don't ever scare me like that again," Belle sighs.

"Yeah! We come back from out of town and you scare us like that," Ben shakes his head.

"Well, now that everything is cleared up, I just wanted to say that I know these two after having to give them a mini lesson on magic," Ku says.