Mom? Dad? (Chapter 20)

Standing in front of the teens were none other than Alex's and Owen's mom. Two stunning women standing with a evil grin on their faces. Their hands starting to glow a dark color.

Alex and Owen stand, frozen in place out of fear. Alex felt his scars stinging him, it hurt and he couldn't believe that his mom was standing in front of him. Owen's right hand started to burn, his mom standing in front of him was something he thought he wouldn't have to worry about anymore.

Urana steps in front of them, as do Ava and Brenton, forming a line in front of them. Urana keeps her hand out towards Brenton. Knowing his short temper, Urana didn't want to risk a fight if they could avoid one.

"You! You two are the reason why Alex and Owen are hurt!" Brenton's spikes' tips become fire. His fist burns as he moves it, attempting to move in order to punch them. Only to be stopped by Urana as she grabs his wrist and puts out his fire with her water.

"Brenton, are you trying to kill us?" Urana glares at him.

"In case you didn't know Urana, these are the people who are the reason why Alex and Owen are scarred for life!" Brenton glares back.

A black orb comes towards them as Ava quickly jumps in front of all of them and uses the wind to direct the orb back at the women. "Last time I checked, we're supposed to work together not argue," Ava grumbles, letting her hands fall as the wind dies down.

"I was hoping we'd hit them with that," Alex's mom sighs.

"Don't worry, we'll get them with this!" Owen's mom raises her voice as she says some foreign words. A wave of black heads towards the teens.

Ava raises her hands up and puts up a shield, Brenton and Urana put their hands up as well. A shield mixing into blue, red and silver appears above them as they hold their ground. "Holy shit this is hard!" Brenton growls.

"C'mon! Just keep at it!" Ava thrusts her arms forward, the wave going back a little.

Urana, however, was looking around. As far as she saw, only one of the moms had attacked them. She spots the other one running at them from behind.

"Hold the shield without me!" Urana yells then jumps off one of her feet and puts her hands in front of her as a blue shield quickly appears and blocks the shot. "Damn, this is hard alone," Urana feels sweat forming on her body.

Ava and Brenton quickly run to the side to avoid some of the wave coming from the sudden decrease of protection. "Urana! The hell?!" Brenton yells back, pushing his hands further up to strengthen the shield.

"A pre-warning would be nice!" Ava adds, struggling to strength her shield.

"She was coming from behind us!" Urana yells back. Feeling the pressure of the constant attacks and the thinning of her shield. The three shields combined formed a bubble around them, a very thin one at that.

"We can't keep this up!"

"I can't hold her off on my own!"

"We can't move or they'll be hit!"

All these voices were just spinning inside Owen's head. He just couldn't hear it...he couldn't see anything but his parents attacking him.

"Owen! Owen! Can you hear me?!" Urana yells. That sentence got to Owen. He blinks and sees his friends struggling to keep him and Alex safe.

"Holy crap guys," Owen stares in disbelief.

"Stop cursing and help Urana!" Brenton yells. Nodding, Owen quickly turns around and sees Alex's frozen face. "What about Alex?" Owen turns back around, not knowing what to do.