Remember The Good 'Ol Days? (Chapter 30)

Ku rubs his eyes as he goes into his bed. After sending Amy the text and receiving a 'everything is fine,' he decided to finally get some shut eye.

He checked on Alex and Owen to make sure they were asleep and well.

Ku stares up at the ceiling, suddenly not being able to sleep. I miss Vada...I wish things were not like this...Ku sighs, knowing there was no way around it.

Oh I remember all those days...the days I did not worry about what things may be like in the future...oh how I miss those days...

He shuts his eyes for a moment, recalling many words and memories.

----

"Ku! You took my candy!" Vada stomped her foot angrily.

"You snooze you lose," Ku grinned and popped the last piece of it in his mouth.

"Mamma!!! Dad!!! Ku ate al-" Ku cut her off by covering her mouth.

"Shh!! I don't wanna get in trouble!" Ku hushed his sister.

"Hump. You totally deserve it. Why shouldn't I?" Vada pulled his hand off and crossed her arms.

"Because I'm an amazing brother and there's no way you'd let Mamma and Dad get me in trouble?" Ku tried, smiling brightly.

"How about...no," Vada turns away and opens her mouth to tell.

"Wait! You can't go outside to play with your friends without me! You're only six!" Ku argued.

"Dang it Ku. You're right," Vada pouted. "Okay just this once."

"Yay! Thank you Vada!" Ku hugged his little sister.

"Who said you could give me a hug?" Vada complained but hugged back anyway.

----

Vada punches the punching bag, her fading black hair tied up in a ponytail, and wearing a simple black jumpsuit. Sweat pours down Vada's face as she starts to feel more and more anxious, as if anxiety came back to remind her,

Your brother is against you...you may not come back...you have lost everything because of them and you hate your brother for not agreeing with you...

He doesn't get me.

Vada punches the bag, imagining her brother as the bag.

--

Ku tries to sleep again.

Not being able to, he goes out of his room and stretches. He then checks on Alex and Owen again, seeing them sleeping peacefully put him at ease.

Too bad I can not check on everyone...

Ku sighs as he goes back to his bed and attempts to sleep again. His phone buzzes and he quickly accepts the call.

"Hello?" Ku asks, not sure who called him.

"Sensei..? I feel terrible..." Amy's voice answers him.

"What happened?!" Ku becomes alert, his eyes widen as he starts to get out of his bed...just in case.

"Nothing...I just had some thoughts..." Amy starts to sound unsure.

"What do you have on your mind?" Ku asks, his voice softer as he goes back into bed and leans against the bed frame.

"Why is everyone around me suffering so much? Why can't I fix it? Why do mages have to get hurt?! I-I don't know how much longer I can keep seeing mages get hurt Sensei...I can't fix it..." Amy holds back tears.