The Score: Chapter Two

Because today is the happiest day of my life, I decided to upload!! Wanna know why? Haha Secret. :P

Just so you know, I entered The Wedding Day to Watty Awards. So please support. Hehe

Enjoy reading!

***************************

Chapter Two

The girl in her elbow-length yellow-daffodil blazers entered the mall minutes after four o’clock. She looked to her left, then to her right. I waved a hand as I approached her, mainly to get her attention.

“Hey, -- “ I started.

“Ynna.” She said. “Call me Ynna.”

“Oh.” Crap. I almost forgot her name! But if truth be told, I am not really good in memorizing names – especially of those who are not my type. “Ynna.”

I let out the most breath-taking smile I know that most girls fall for. And her reply? Raised eyebrow. Whoa. I said to myself. That’s a first.

“So, Ynna.” I started again. “Where do you want to go? Is there something you want to do? Watch a movie? Or shopping? Name it. I can give it to you.”

“I want my interview.” She said coldly.

My eyes narrowed as I move my face closer to her. “Why do I get this feeling that you don’t like me?”

“I do.”

Cold and straightforward. How can she ever have a boyfriend if she’s like that?

“What?” I asked in disbelief. “Why? Everybody likes me. Why don’t you?”

“Because you think everybody likes you.”

Cold and straightforward and frank. Her list is getting long. Honestly, I didn’t know what to say. It was the first time somebody ever said that to me. I’ve never encountered a girl like this before.

Then she continued. “People might think of you as the hero who made the team win the championship but what I see is a narcissistic guy whose ego might be even higher than the Empire State Building or the Eiffel Tower or – “

“The Mount Everest?”

“Exactly.”

“What if I prove you wrong?”

She hissed. “What if you just give me my interview and get out of each other’s lives afterwards? Because honestly, I don’t want to have anything to do with you.”

“You know I’m hurt with your words, don’t you?”

“The truth always hurts.” I was silenced. No one, and I mean no one, has ever silenced me with their words! I am supposed to have the last word! “So if you don’t mind, I would like to have the interview now and get done with you.”

A mischievous smile made its way to my lips. “Do you really think it would be that easy? Getting what you want then leave?”

“What are you trying to say, hero?” She asked. Very sarcastic. Cold and straightforward and frank and sarcastic. I wonder what would be next?

Instead of answering her question, I stretched out an arm to her and smiled. “Shall we?”

I saw her bit her lip. “Only for the interview.” Then walked past me, ignoring the outstretched arm for her.

That was another first. I laughed silently to myself. She might not be hot or attractive, but she sure is one of a kind. And I don’t know, I kind of find her interesting – no, it’s more of challenging. How I could make her fall for me and make it to bed with her is such a challenge. It hypes me up.