Between Love and Friendship: Chapter One

Part Four. We're close to the WEDDING DAY> Who's excited? 

Supposed to be in school today. Pft. I'm feeling down and terrible. Sorry.

Hope you enjoy this. 

*********************************************

Chapter One:

“Good to see you again, mate.” Brian said.

I shook his hand. “I cannot miss my best friend’s wedding.”

“You better not.” And we both laughed.

Sitting in this fancy restaurant helped ease my jet lag. It was less than 24 hours since I landed here in Manila. For what? My best friend’s wedding.

I took a sip from my coffee. “So, I thought you wanted to introduce me to your fiancée. Where is the lucky girl?”

“She’s on her way.” He answered as he takes a look on his watch.

My eyes furrowed. “And you didn’t even bother to drive her here?”

“She went with her mother to check on her wedding gown.” He laughed. “You know the saying. A man can’t see his bride-to-be in her wedding dress until the wedding.”

I nodded mouthing “Oh”.

“You’ll like her for sure.” He added.

A responded with a smile. My best friend has finally found the love of his life.

Out of curiosity, I asked him. “When did you two meet, again?”

“Just three months ago.”

“And you wanted to get married? In that instant?”

He nodded as he releases a slight chuckle. “I don’t want to let her go.”

“Love struck, eh?”

He laughed this time. “What a choice of word, man.”

“That’s what two years of study abroad has done to me.”

“Oh, speaking of which, you told me you met this lovely lady back in Europe.”

I nodded. “I do. In fact, I think I fell in love with her, too.”

Brian’s face has the word CURIOUS written across his forehead. “Seems like I’m not the only one who is love struck here.”

I laughed under my breath.

“So, tell me. What is she like?”

A smile found its way to my lips as her name resounded in my head: Maxene.

****************************

Vote comment and fan!

PS: Please inbox me people. I badly needed someone to talk to. Thanks. xx