The Wedding Day: Sabrina's Story

So, I got a score of 945 in the Test Of English for International Communication! Wooot!

Dedicated to jullianee02 cause it's her birthday today!

Enjoy!

*******************

Chapter Three: Sabrina’s Story

“Sabrina!” My mother called out from the hotel room door. “Hurry up now, sweetie! Time is running! And we’re getting late! It’s your brother’s wedding, in case you forgot.”

I really do not know what to do because I’ve been looking for my stupid shoes since this morning. “Go ahead, Mom. Meet me at the lobby.”

“No, I’ll meet you at the car.” Mom answered. “And please be there in five minutes.”

“Okay, Mom.”

My family and I stayed at this hotel for about two days. Since our house was really far from the church, Mom decided we should stay here. Weddings could really be a pain in the ass – well, the preparations at least.

When I finally found my shoes, Mom texted me. She said that she and Dad are waiting outside the hotel. And that I really need to hurry up.

That is the reason why I am running. Yes, running. In these heaven-knows-how-many-inches heels. I reached the hotel entrance and was ready to head outside when I bumped into somebody.

It made me lose my balance but good thing he caught me. Yes, it is a guy. He’s wearing this white long sleeves folded up to his elbow, a dark blues tie and a vest. To me, he looks formal – except for the fact that he’s wearing sneakers. I smiled to myself. Funny but effective.

 When I got to my feet again, he leaned over and picked up my purse that I dropped.

As he stood up and handed me over my purse, I noticed this band-aided portion on his right eyebrow. Wait, I told myself, have I seen him before? He wasn’t even able to take a look at me because he was talking with someone on the phone.

Just as when I was about to ask him where he got that, my Mom called out my name from our car that is waiting for me just in front of the building. I have no choice but to do what my Mom says.

But, could he be the same guy at the mall?

**********

At the wedding reception

“…is to grow old with you.” Terrence finishes his song. Everybody in the room clapped their hands. They must’ve really enjoyed his song.

It has been two weeks since that night – the night when I saw Terrence again; the night he told me he has moved on. But I am glad we’re still friends.

After his song, he stepped off the stage and walked towards to our table. He was smiling at me. When he got to his sit beside me, he drank a glass of water.

“That was a lovely song.” I complimented.

He smiled. “Your brother requested it.”

“Who knew he could be that ‘cheesy’?” I said mockingly. “Hey, would you like something to eat? Pasta or what?”

“Anything is fine.” He answered. “Whatever you choose is fine.”

I pouted at him. “You have to make a choice. I can’t decide for you.”

He let out a small chuckle. “Is everything still a choice to you?”

“Is everything not a choice?”