The Wedding Day: Emil's Story

The waiting is over! Wedding day is here! Woohoo!!

Let's see Emil's story first. Don't know if it's good though. Let me know what you think!

ENJOOOOOOOY!!

************************************

Part Five: The Wedding Day

Chapter One: Emil’s Story

Brian took a deep, heavy breath again. His hands clasped together as he walk back and forth. His forehead has these little droplets of sweat. He is obviously nervous.

I laughed under my breath. “Relax, man. She’ll be here any minute.”

“She’s supposed to be here minutes ago.”

He’s right. The wedding ceremony should’ve started a few minutes ago. But we were still standing by the altar, waiting for his bride to come.

In a few seconds, I heard someone shout. “She’s here!”

The ceremony started in an instant. Then, Maxene stepped inside. All eyes were glued on her. She looked exceptionally beautiful. Like a living goddess on earth, she stood out from the rest. Besides, this is her wedding. And she needs to be the center of attraction.

While she walks towards us, I whispered to Brian. “You always choose the best.”

Brian, without taking his eyes off his bride, answered me. “No, man. I didn’t choose her to be my bride. My heart did.”

“Is that what wedding does to a man?” I said as I release a slight chuckle. “Turn him into some ‘cheesy’ creature?”

“Funny.” He said, glaring at me.

“But seriously, how’d you know she’s the one?”

I heard Brian laugh as he shook his head. “To be honest? I don’t know.” Now he was lost in thought. “When I saw her, my heart stopped and it seemed like my brain stopped functioning too. And all I was able to say that time was, ‘May I get you something to drink?’”

“Now that’s…funny.” I snorted.

 “Love is funny. But it is not a joke.” He smiled. “It’s funny how it’ll take you off-guard. It’s funny because you can’t explain it, but you know it is love.”

The words he said kept on resounding in my head. And before I could even response, Maxene was in his arms; and they walked towards the altar, towards their becoming as one.

Sigh. I may not be the best man for her, but at least, I am the best man of this wedding.

**********

At the reception

Right after I finished eating some, I went on taking pictures. Because frankly speaking, I am paid by my best friend to do this. Sigh. Next time I’ll be best man, I won’t be the wedding photographer.

Just as I was getting my lenses ready for another shot, a girl suddenly popped out of nowhere. My camera was aimed at her and she was in front of me. She’s talking with Maxene.

Right after she finished talking with Maxene and left, I absent-mindedly walked up to her.

“Hi.” I greeted.

She was surprised. But gave a warm smile. “Oh, hi.”

To be honest, I can’t move. My heart stopped as she smiled. And I can’t think of anything to say. Seemed like my brain stopped functioning.

“May I get you something to drink?” Woah. The words just came out from my mouth.

Just before she could answer, I heard someone calling out my name.

“Emil!” It’s Sabrina. “Come! I’ll introduce you to someone, remem – oh, you already met her.”

The girl was even more surprised. “Emil? Is your name Emil?”

“Y-yes.”

The girl took something from her purse. It’s a handkerchief.

My eyes widened in surprise. “Hey! That’s – “

“ – yours.” She finished. “You remember?”

I laughed under my breath because it’s funny that I do remember her. “Yes. You’re the girl who thinks she’s a jersey jacket’s worth.”

She laughed. And it was like music to my ears. I loved the sound of it. “Really, I’d rather you call me Ynna.”

“Wait – “ Sabrina said, confused. “You two know each other?”

We both nodded and answered in unison.  “Back in college.”

“And here I am wanting to introduce her to you thinking that you might like her only to find out that you already know each other.” Sabrina said, pouting her lips.

“She’s the one you’re talking about?” I asked her in disbelief. Sabrina nods. “I see. You’re right.”

“What?”

I shook my head. “Nothing.” It’s just funny how things are happening. Isn’t this what Brian’s talking about?

Ynna spoke. “But we haven’t formally introduced ourselves to each other before. You can still do your part, Sab.”

Sabrina gave a smile and does what she ought to do. “Emil Mendoza, this is Alyanna Leonardo. Alyanna Leonardo, this is Emil Mendoza.”

We looked at each other and smiled. I extended my hand to her. “Hi, pleased to meet you Miss Leonardo.”

She laughed under her breath as she took my hand. “Please call me Ynna. It’s a pleasure to meet you, too.”

Without letting go of her hand, I asked her once more. “So, would you like me to get you something to drink?”

“Yes, please.”

********************

Vote, Comment and Fan! :)