The Score: Chapter Six

*deep breath*

I. AM. FRUSTRATED. 

So I decided to upload in hope that a rank up would make me happier.

Enjoy reading!

**********

Chapter Six

Colorful balloons, tons of cars parked outside, countless people coming in and out the gate, lively music, and different booths. Whoa. I said to myself. They’ve really prepared for this.

Now, my problem is…to look for Ynna. With a crowd as huge as this, it seems quite improbable for me to find her. I tried calling her but she won’t pick up her phone.

“Patrick!” A voice started calling me out of nowhere. “Patrick! Over here!”

When I turned around, I saw a girl in a white summer dress approaching me. She looks pretty. I almost don’t recognize her but…she’s also wearing this familiar-looking elbow-length daffodil-colored blazer. Is this really her?

“I’m glad you made it.” She said to me, smiling. I didn’t respond. “Hey, are you alright?”

With narrowed eyes, I asked. “Ynna? Is that really you?”

“Y-yes.” She answered hesitantly. “Why?”

“You look…different.”

She released a sigh. “I know. It doesn’t really look good on me but the kids gave this to me so I – “

“No.” I said, staring completely at her. “You look beautiful.”

“Uh – thanks. I guess.” She said. I don’t know if it’s just me but I think I saw her face turn a bit red.

A voice suddenly called her attention. Both of us turned and saw three cute kids – two boys and a girl. The first boy should be around nine years old, then the other boy must probably be six and the girl is maybe five.

The little girl asked her. “Is he your boyfriend, Mommy Ynna?”

Ynna’s reaction was exceptional. She turned red as her eyes widened. “What?! No! He’s just – “

“Yes. I’m her boyfriend.” I said, cutting her sentence. I also wrapped an arm around her.

Ynna immediately shove my arm away. “What are you – ? No, kids. He’s just a friend.”

Ouch. That hurts.

“But you look good together.” Said the tallest boy. He turned to me and asked. “Will you be her boyfriend? I want you to be our daddy.”

A smile made its way to my lips. “Sounds cool to me. I don’t know if she’ll agree.” I answered, pointing my nose to Ynna.

“Shut up!” She told me as she hit me in the arm. Then she turned to the boy. “Kyle, don’t do that again, okay? It’s not proper.”

The boy, Kyle, looked down and muttered. “Sorry.”

“It’s okay, Ynna.” I said.

“Not for me.” She answered. “By the way, this is Kyle.” Kyle waved a hand at me. “This is Lux.” The little girl, Lux, smiled and waved at me as well. “And this is Ian.”

 I smiled at Ian but instead of smiling back at me, he kicked me on my leg, ran towards Ynna, hugged her and yelled at me. “She’s my girlfriend!”

For a six-year-old kid, he sure kicks hard.

“She’s not your girlfriend, Ian!” Lux protested. “You’re just six!”