Love Letters: Chapter Three

Hey there! Sorry for the late upload! I know I am really not good with schedules and stuff.

Dedicated to fallingforsummer. She's just so fab and her comments never failed to make me smile! Hope you'll like this babe!

Enjoy reading! And keep voting. This is a Watty Awards entry. :)

*******************

Chapter Three:

Senior Year, High School

“Migs!” I heard someone called my name. And, of course, I already knew who it was. “Over here!”

“Really, you don’t have to shout like that.” I replied, smiling, as I head towards her seat.

She pouted her lips like a child. “You won’t see me if I didn’t do that.”

“Rej.” I laughed. “We’ve practically spent the last one year and four months of our afternoon here.”

She smiled. Oh, that smile. “I have no idea that you’ve been keeping track of that.”

“I have a thing for accuracy, miss.” I replied. “By the way, where’s Belle?”

Belle is Rej’s best friend. They’ve been in the same class since grade school. And for that fact, Belle and I became friends too.

“Oh, she went out with Cromwell again.”

My forehead creased. “Again? Is he her boyfriend now?”

“Dunno.” She shrugged her shoulders. “But I think they’re going there. Couplehood – I mean.”

A cheeky smile came out from her lips. “Hey.” She said as she nudged me. “Guess what. Mr. M replied to my letter. I saw it on my locker this morning.” She took it out of her bag and placed it on the table. “Would you like to read it?”

Oh no, I perfectly know what is written there.

“Of course.” I said instead. I took it and started reading it as if I have no idea what’s inside.

“You know what?” She started again. Her gaze was still as she stares into space. “I really think I’m starting to fall for him.”

Suddenly, there was a lump in my throat. And my stomach squeezed.

“You what?”

Then she chuckled. “I know. It’s silly. I mean – I didn’t even know who the guy is.”

“Don’t you have any idea on who it is?”

She shook her head. “Well, I don’t want to assume but…I have a feeling that it is Mark.”

“Mark?” I asked. “As in Mark Monares?”

She nodded. “Because look, Mark has a crush on me since freshmen year. And he’s not even denying that. He’s a good guy, good-looking and smart. And unlike the other boys in school, he has a kind heart. Definitely not a jerk. Who wouldn’t fall for him?”

Are you torturing me Rej? I wanted to ask.

“What if it’s not him? What if it is someone else? Someone not like him?”

She narrowed her eyes. “You sounded like you know my secret admirer.”

Oh no. “What? No!” Okay, I hope I didn’t sound obvious there. “I was just saying that you should be open to possibilities of your secret admirer not being Mark. That’s it.”