Friendships, Crushes and a Phsyco Killer...!? - 33

>Chappy Trīsdesmit trīs (Latvian for thirty three)<

Aira's POV-

After Tom and I parted ways I ran... I ran as fast as I could without causing my arm too much pain, I didn't know which way I was going I just knew I needed to get out of here and get help...

I don't know how long i had running around the maze of tunnels. But suddenly I saw day light.

I couldn't believe it! I had escaped?

The sunlight was so foreign to me after all this time in the darkness. I squinted to try and see better but I had ran straight into someone. I turned around and was surprised to see...

My mother?

My eyes popped. I couldn't believe it I was standing right in front of my mum!

"Mum!"

"Aira?..Aira?.. AIRA! It's you... I can't believe it!" My mum grabbed me and pulled me into a bone crushing hug, almost literally but I made her avoid my arm.

"Yes mum it's me" I screamed excitedly. I felt the tears coming.

"I.....i thought... I had.. lost... you.. forever".. My mum sobbed.

"It's alright mum, I'm fine" I spoke soothingly.

After a few minutes I finally remembered everybody else that was still trapped. I turned back to my mum. "Is there anyone else here that could help us? We need to get help and fast!" as I said that a group of about 21 people were running towards us...

Suddenly i heard my name being called over and over again.

"AIRA ... AIRA! ITS YOU! I looked around and I knew exactly who it was it was Annie! Annie ran up to me and hugged the crap out of me.

"Owww, careful, careful" I winced.

"Oh shit, what happened to your arm?!" Annie said flinching (she was never good with blood and broken bones and stuff).

"Long story" I said not wanting to explain now.

But then everyone started talking at once.

"GUYS!" I shouted at the top of my lungs.

"Right I can't hear you all when you talk at once. And to be quite honest we don't have time for this.. Now if you all would kindly follow me so we can find the few that are left.." That earnt more than a few gasps as I started to lead the way back to the maze.

Without another word everyone followed me...

Just as we were about to enter the maze I decided that they should have a choice of wether they wanted to actually do this and if they really wanted to put their own lives at risk.

"Right... I think you all have a right to know that very little of us have survived if any.. And... And.. I ..i know that it may seem like we are out numbering them by alot but it... Its dangerous.... I... I'm so sorry" I said.

As a tear rolled down my cheek as I remembered all who had died that night and that I could be getting so many more people in danger I just...

I just couldn't leave Chirs and Tom down there I just couldn't...

Someone cleared their throat, It was one of the police men.

"I'm sorry miss but it might be better if us four went in with you to lead the way to the people that are trapped.

And the other two can stay here just in case we need to call for back up or anything?" he said apologetically.

"But I know that you think it's dangerous, but that's what we came here to do. It's our job." he told me.