chapter 8 :: Hot Spring

[Samantha s point of view]

My feet touched the crunchy leaves on the muddy ground, I enjoyed the sound of them crashing so much. I held my jacket tighter, feeling the cold air breeze. The grass was bended and rustled, it felt so amazing to be outside.

"No more." I heard Justin's raspy voice from behind me, resulting in me chuckling. I turned to see him standing in his place, a scared expression on his face. The gash on his forehead was healing fast, I

"You don't want to walk around with me?" I gave him a pout, Justin shrugged and looked down at his clothes. He was wearing the same pants I found him with and my oversized hoodie. I liked to wear boys' stuff in the winter and I let him wear them since I wasn't going to spend money on buying him stuff.

He suddenly heard a noise, it was probably some animal walking around. "Justin, there is no one hiding around here." I assured knowing he was scared of people in general.

"Safe inside, not here." He stated protesting.

"It's safe around this area in general." I reassured for the second time, walking up to him. I reached my hand to his and intertwined my fingers with his. He looked at me hesitantly before he took a step.

Smiling in satisfaction, I began walking with him to the place I wanted to take him: the hot springs.
As we made our way to the hot springs, Justin freaked out on me in the middle of the way. He placed his arms around my waist and we walked to the hot springs like that.

"You believe me now? There is no one around here I promise." I untangled his arms from around my waist and he hesitantly placed then to his sides.

"Close your eyes for a minute." I demanded, wanting to strip down to my underwear so we could swim in the hot pools. Justin sat on the muddy ground and spread his legs in front of him boringly then closed his eyes. I stripped to my underwear and ran to the hot springs, my feet touching the warm water. It felt so good, I haven't came here for a long time. I jumped in the warm water, going underwater for a second before coming up again. Justin looked fascinated; the shape of his mouth was an 'o' shape as he stared at me.

"Wanna try?" I asked, enjoying the water. Justin nodded and ran to the edge of the land, he sat on his knee and dangled his hand in the water.

"Warm?" He asked, raking his hand out of the water.

"Yep." I replied popping the 'p'. "Just take everything off except your underwear so we can go somewhere after this." I instructed, Justin nodded and started taking off his clothes. He was left in his black boxers and he hesitantly stood on the ground.

"Ever been to hot pools?" Splashing some water, I asked.

"No." He replied, letting his body fall slowly in the water. I heard him moan because the water felt great. "Good?"

"It's fucking great Justin." I exclaimed happily, running my hand through my wet hair.

"Red spots, still have." Justin told me, extending his arm so I could tale a look at it. He was quite talkative today.

“It's fading, that's good.” I assured him, rubbing my thumb over a red spot.

We relaxed for a bit, Justin was in his own world. He was staring at nature and I kept doing funny faces in front of him and he took a while to notice. "Is there different kinds of aliens?" I suddenly popped the questions, I was getting real curios since Morgan said his kind was brave and strong.

"Yes," he replied, scratching the back of his neck.

"And...?"

"Silver shapes, different." Justin walked in the water closer to me. "I'm a Dannel, shapes represent peace." He pointed to his eye, opening them wide so I could see. The silver shapes swam in his brown orbs, they looked different.

"The shapes, they are amazing." I commented, not wanting to take my eyes of his beautiful ones. He closed his eyes and re-opened them, I gasped as all the shape disappeared, hitting his shoulder playfully. He smirked at me and went underwater.

***

We kept swimming and messing around for 20 minutes then Justin felt cold so he literally ran to the cabin in his underwear. Aliens were obsessed with being warm, it was actually funny to watch him get cold. Even with his sprained ankle, he made it to the cabin before me. It took me five minutes to walk to it and when I stepped in, I found him underneath the blankets and he was shaking. His lips were blueish.

"Naw." I cooed, patting his bare shoulder. "The heat is better in my room." I announced, wanting him to feel warmer. Justin's eyes flicked up to me shyly then he stood up, ready to follow me. I grabbed my iPhone with me and walked to the bedroom. Justin literally ran to the bed and jumped on it, hiding under the covers straight away. I laughed when his face turned slightly pink when he realized he was being childish. I jumped and fell next to him.

“Do you have siblings, Justin?” Asking, I turned on my side to face him. Justin shook his head and stared right back at me.

“Do you?”

“Yep, unfortunately.” I pouted my lips. “An older brother.” There was a short pause before I spoke again. “Why do they treat teenager like you like kids still? I mean, you're not stupid to be treated like a kid.” I admitted.

Justin sighed. “Not responsible, people can't count on us. We make stupid mistakes when we are teenagers.” He explained to me, looking at the ceiling.

“But you have to make the mistakes so you could learn from them.” I commented, getting a shrug from him.

We laid on the bed in silence for a few minutes but sadly, it was interuppted by my phone ringing. I looked at it to see my dad calling. I told Justin not to speak because dad will suspect anything.

“Hey dad.” I greeted boringly.

I heard dad's rough voice speak. “Hello, Sam.” He rasped. “We're on the way to the cabin right now, you need to get out of there so pack your stuff.” My dad said, concern in his voice.

“What? Why?” I panicked.

“Some villagers were holding aliens hostages, they ran away and there is a state of emergency. They say the alien is hiding somewhere near the forest, this might turn into a massacre.”