chapter 12 :: Danger

[Samantha's Point Of View]

“Are we there yet?” I heard Justin's whine, his hand clinging into mine as we walked together through the forest. He was whining because he was too lazy to walk and see the wolf, but I think he's scared too because he didn't like the idea of seeing an animal.

“Almost there Justin.” I rolled my eyes carelessly when he groaned again, a pained look on his face.

We arrived where I found the wolf in the morning and it was still laying there, asleep this time. I detached my hand from Justin's and quickly ran to the little white wolf, wanting to hug the heck out of it. Justin stared from afar, not even taking a step toward the wolf.

“It's so cute Justin.” I exclaimed, patting the wolf's head. It woke up instantly and stood on its feet. I caught it before it could walk to Justin, stood up on my feet and approached Justin with the wolf cradled in my arms.

“Not safe!” Justin extended his arms in front of him, wanting me to put it down. “Dangerous, Sam.” He shook his head in disapproval.

“It's not dangerous.” I assured him, taking a step toward him. He took another step back, shaking his head again. “Justinnnnnn.” I whined, dragging out the 'n'. “Don't be like this.”

He let out a huff, approaching me slightly and carefully. He looked at him then the little wolf in my hand, then hesitantly placed his hand on its fluffy head and gave the wolf a pat before returning his hand to his side.

“It's adorable.” I stated, running my hand through the wolf's white fur.

“It's not.” He crossed his arms stubbornly, a pout on his lips. “Will you take me to your house now?”

That's when I realized why he was being grump; he didn't believe that I was going to take him to the cabin. I honestly didn't know if I should take him or not, but I made a promise to him, I don't want to break it.

“I will, but you have to sneak to the window of my room and be quiet most of the time, okay?” Justin nodded quickly, a cute smile spreading on his face. “I would rather be outside with you, though.”

After that, I figured that Justin wasn't really interested in the wolf and he got bored so he sat on the ground leaning on a tree while humming a song. I ended up sitting next to him and putting my head on his shoulder, trying to hear what was he singing.

“Is Morgan treating you okay?” I questioned, trying to find a comfortable spot on his shoulder.

“Kind.” He replied, referring to Morgan. “Good food, too.”

“Food, that's all your care about.” I laughed, hearing him laugh along with me. “It's like you were starved since you were a kid.”

“Couldn't eat candy and chocolate,” He said with a monotone. “Dad always said no.”

We stayed silent for a long while, I was just worn out and sad. I hated the fact that he's gonna be taken away someday, someone innocent like him would be taken away. I wondered if it was because of his dad, he was a General, meaning he was very important and maybe if humans kidnap his kid, he would change the law or even leave and live somewhere else on earth. I was too attached to him, I knew it was illegal hanging out with an alien.

Our peaceful time was soon interrupted by the sound of someone walking near. My breathing hitched in my throat, but I soon relaxed when I figured maybe it was someone walking around. My eyes widened again when I heard barking, followed by a couple of people talking. The voices were getting louder and clearer as they approached, and that's when I heard 'they are around here, I saw the girl with the alien!'

“Justin––Oh my God, Justin.” I removed my head from his shoulder, my heart racing in my chest. “You have to run, we have to hide somewhere.” I warned with a whisper, my hand shaking. Justin's peaceful face turned into a pained expression as he stood up, not realizing how dangerous the situation was. The voices got nearer, I was shaking and my jaw was clenched.

“Justin!” I nudged his shoulder, still whispering, pulling him up with me. “Baby please go to Morgan's? You know the way?” I asked, he just stood frozen, as if he was seeing his life flash before his eyes. I watched as he stared in front of him, it was like he went to another world with his mind.

“No peace here.” He mumbled, finally snapping out of it.

“Can you listen to me? Run to Morgan, tell her people are looking again for you and she will keep you safe.” I whispered, pushing him so he would start running. Tears started pooling in his eyes and he shook his head, looking at me sadly. “I swear I’m going to come and see you tonight, just go now!” I screamed, giving him another nudge. He looked around and gave me what seemed like a death glare for not going with him, then he took quick steps but I stopped him.

I ran to him and stuffed my face in his neck, trying to block the tears that threatened to fall. He hugged me tightely, his body shaking too like mine. Pulling from the hug, I stepped on my tip toe and pecked his lips, leaving him shocked. I smiled weakly at him, whispering to him to go. He turned around and disappeared in the forest.

Literally a moment after, I heard the clicking of guns and many dogs barking. I turned around, tears falling uncontrollably from my eyes. I saw more than ten men in their black suits and gums that were pointed at me. I raised both my arms up, making them all smirk. This isn't over.