chapter 11 :: The Evil Babysitter

[Samantha's Point Of View]

Last night after I returned from Morgan and Patrick's house, I wanted to sneak to my room but Brody caught me. It was pretty late, around 11 PM and a few hours had passed after I went out to 'get milk' from the grocery store. Brody got suspicious, asking me where have I been and asked if I’m hooking up with someone. I was too embarrassed to speak about stuff like that in front of my older brother so I just left to my room and locked the door.

I woke up early next morning and after having a snack, I left Brody a letter saying that I’m helping Patrick in his store. It was a pretty good excuse, that's what I thought.

It was surprisingly very warm in the morning, it felt nice walking in the forest and going to Justin. I do actually miss him a lot, he kept me company the time he stayed with me. His reactions were hilarious most of the time, I also loved how adorable sometimes he can get. It's like he was clueless all the time yet he found ways to pretend that he knows everything, and even that made it more funnier.

On my way there, I came across a lost little wolf puppy. It was the definition of adorable, it was laying on its stomach just in the middle of the way without a care in the world.

“Hello there,” I crouched to the little wolf, letting my hand close to its nose so it would know that I’m no harm. It smelled my hand and I heard its cute, barely audible whimper. I crossed my legs on the ground––I didn't care that it was muddy––and slowly placed my hand underneath the puppy. It tried wiggling to make me let it go but it was too adorable. I placed the puppy on my lap and left it, it immediately jumped off my lap to the ground again. It sat in the same place, making me wonder if its mother left it here or something.

I decided to go and get Justin to see it. I wasn't sure if he has seen/touched any animal before, and I was excited to see his reaction. Patrick was probably in his store, Morgan was home with Justin. Morgan greeted me like she does everyday then offered me to have breakfast with them.

“I want to show Justin something.” I exclaimed, biting a piece of the fried bacon that she made. “I found a little wolf puppy on my way there.” I told her, wanting to hurry up so it wouldn't run.

Morgan tilted her head to the side. “Be careful with wolves honey.”

“I know.” I replied, assuring her. “Is Justin still in the shower?”

“Yeah, I bet he's dozing off maybe.” Morgan giggled, rolling her eyes. “He did it last night, and the night before.” I let out a throaty laughter, I couldn't hold the laughter in anymore. “It's the bathroom upstairs.” Morgan informed, knowing that I wanted to see him.

I got upstairs instantly and walked to the bathroom. Without even knocking, I stepped in. I knew Justin didn't mind anyways, I didn't mind either. My eyes were settled on him, he was awake––bummer––but he looked pretty funny anyways. He was on his side in the bathtub for some reasons and he looked relaxed. When he saw me, his lips twitched in a small smile and he blinked lazily. I put the toilet seat down and sat on it, he didn't look like he was intending on finishing his bath soon.

“Relaxed?”

His eyes got big. “Very.” I chuckled at his response.

“Can you hurry up Mister? I want to show you something.” Looking at my watch, I found that about 10 minutes passed since I left the puppy.

“Nooooo.” Justin groaned, dragging out the 'o'. “I wanna go home, with you.” I felt as if my heart were shattered into pieces. “Can I?”

“You know I loved your company, but it's not safe anymore.” I avoided his eyes, pursing my lips together.

“But like, I can do your chores?” I smiled weakly at him, I felt like he couldn't comprehend that he was in trouble. “Your dad wouldn't let me?”

“Yeah Justin.” I replied, scratching the back of my head. “It's complicated, it's not just my dad. You're in trouble, big trouble Justin, you know that?”

He drew his brows together. “Why they want me?”

I shook my head. “I'm not sure, you didn't exactly tell me everything––” He interrupted me.

“If I do, would you help me?” I instantly nodded my head, sincerely meaning it. "Promise if I tell you, you make me come with you?"

"I promise." I smiled at him, wanting to know more about him. “Start from the beginning Justin.”

“Ok,” He paused for a second, turning the faucet on probably because the water got cold. “I came with my daddy––” I let out a small laugh at his choice of words. “I won't continue, Sam.”

I let out one last laugh before pressing my lips together to prevent from laughing again. “Sorry Justin, continue.”

“We went to Europe first, then dad chose Germany because people were nice there.” Justin continued. “We stayed for 2 years, my dad got me a prettybabysitter and he let her be with me all the time. She was nice for the first week then became mean to me because...because––”

I cut him off. “I know why.” I chuckled, referring to his sometimes childish behavior.

“I'm used to be like that!” He protested, crossed his arms and a smile appeared on his face. “Stop making fun of me.” He whined.

I shrugged. “I'm laughing with you Justin, you're funny.” I complimented, making his face turn red.

“Ugh, why do you do this to me.” He exclaimed, rubbing his reddened cheeks. “Stop saying stuff 'cause this happens every time.” I pretend to zip my lips and throw the keys away, making him grin. “Linda was her name, the babysitter. She threw the vase at me when she got angry, I had cuts all over. Daddy fired her, he kicked her out but I didn't know.”

He continued, rubbing his arms where goosebumps appeared. “Daddy didn't tell me, Linda sneaked in my room and she told me we had to leave quickly. I believed her, all I remember was falling asleep and waking up in a small white room where all the evil people were.” He explained.

“So Linda is the reason you're here?” Justin nodded, mumbling a 'yeah'.

“Can I get up?” I half smiled at him, nodding my head and looking away. I heard him get up and his footsteps later. I looked back at him after I made sure he wore his boxers. His ankle had completely healed, even the gash on his forehead.

“You know what, Justin?” I raised my eyebrows proudly. “Even though the situation is bad, I’m glad she made you come here.”