chapter 18 :: Anon Texts

[Samantha's Point Of View]

For two complete days, all I've done was dialing Axel Bieber's number without getting a reply. I didn't stop dialing his number everyday, I was having a breakdown. Justin's dad wasn't answering me and the fact that I was helpless when it came to Justin, it made me want to close my eyes and open them to find Justin by my side again.

When he finally answered, I almost jumped from the relief and excitement. I was expecting him to tell me that he's already in the USA.

“Hello Sir,” I spoke in one breathe. “I went to Justin and spoke to him; he's in a bad condition along with other aliens too. They shock them every time they move.” I explained to him, my hands shaking.

I heard him sigh. “Are you sure it's my son? I've received a call saying he's absolutely fine.”

I ceased my eyebrows. “What?”

“Linda has informed me that my son is with her, also she's saying that you were lying so––”

I took a deep breath. “He's not fine. In fact, she hasn't been with him for weeks! I found him bleeding in front of my cabin and I took him home, where was she all that time? He told me himself that Linda took him against his well to the USA. This is not a joke I swear.” I protested, beads of sweat covering my forehead.

“Why would you help us, aliens?”

I was shocked for a mere minute, but I had the right answer. “I wouldn't be calling you right now if I didn't care.” I breathed, starting my rant. “I spent weekswith your son, I helped him when he showed up and didn't call the police on him. If you don't trust me, that's alright, but you should know that your son is suffering right now and I’m doing everything I can to help him and you still can't believe what I’m saying.”

“What's your name?” Justin's dad asked, his voice a little serious this time.

“Samantha.” I replied.

“Well Samantha, I need you to go find any alien and make them speak to me. Hurry if you want to help.”

After these words, he hung up the phone on me. I let out a groan, I hated how he was demanding and still couldn't believe that I was telling the truth. And that bitch Linda, she told him Justin's with her and he's fine. I didn't know she was that bad, but I was pissed at her for bailing on me two days ago in the prison.

I ran as fast as I could to Patrick's store, where I met the lady who was an alien. I remembered that she spoke to Justin and she told me that his dad is a General. She was nice to him and me in general, and I knew she would be willing to help me. I found her sitting in front of the cashier working. I ran up to her and stopped in front of her.

“You remember me right?” I asked, getting a nod as a reply from her. “Justin's dad wants to talk to you.”

I handed her the phone after dialing Axel's number without explaning anything to her. She seemed startled but then gave me a sincere smile, assuring me it's alright. When Axel answered his phone, the lady spoke in the alien language for 15 minutes before hanging up.