chapter 10 :: Unexpected Family Visits

[Samantha's Point Of View]

Thinking about hiding Justin was a really good thought because when my dad came, a bunch of agents and police officers came with him and they searched everywhere in the house. Some people claimed that they have seen Justin enter my house a few times, and it only made me madder.

I just sat on the couch and watched TV in silence while the agents were searching through my stuff. It took them an hour, or even more, to search through everything and they didn't find anything. They left with a warning; saying that they will keep an eye on me.

After they were gone, my dad sat down on the chair that Justin usually sat on and he had a serious expression on his face. My dad was a rough dad––no, he wasn't abusive––but he was serious about everything most of the time. He never joked with me, never found what I do amusing, he was just like that.

“I know someone who saw the alien wandering around the cabin so Sam, you better not be hiding anything.” He spat bitterly, he was really rude when it comes to aliens and that is why I hate them too.

“Never seen any alien around here.” I stated, playing with my fingers boringly. I avoided making an eye contact because he made me nervous.

“Are you sure? 'Cause if you saw him and you're lying to everyone, it won't get you anywhere. I know they're serious, the hostages have been held captives for at least a year, they're not just gonna waste their time if it's not serious.” He pressured, wanting me to spill the truth.

I looked at him angrily. “You never trust me, so what's the point in saying the truth or a lie anyways?” I stomped on my feet, getting irritated of him. “I told you; if I see anyone, I will be happy to tell you.” I said with a fake smile on my face, speaking through my gritted teeth. Dad finally gave in and I saw him storm out of the cabin.

I watched from the window as he took his expensive Mercedes and drove away to the main road.

***

My super relaxing time was over when I heard knocking on the front door, I was playing video games on my PS3 and that was how I relax. I put the controller down and strode to the door, to even torment however was standing in front of the door, I kept stomping my feet on the ground making footsteps noises. The knocking went louder and I had to open the door. To my surprise, I saw my brother Brody standing next to a suitcase.

“What the fuck, Brody?” I hissed, I was going to close the door but he put his feet in the way and didn't allow me to shut the door closed. I groaned in annoyance; I despised him. I didn't 100% hate him, he was just controlling, annoying older brother. He was lazy too, I knew it will be torture for me to stay with him in the same cabin.

“The fuck, Brody.” He mimicked me in a girl-ish tone, dropping his suitcase inside the house after he stepped in. “Dad's forcing me here too so shut your damn mouth.” My brother spoke harshly, I didn't expect him to be that harsh honestly. I scoffed and left him to do his thing and unpack his stuff in the guest room.

It has been a day and a half since I left Justin with Morgan, I called him once and she told me he was doing okay, just really depressed because he felt he wasn't living in peace. I decided after Brody goes to sleep, I would sneak out to Patrick's house and spend an hour or two with Justin.

Unfortunately, Brody just plopped on the couch with a bunch of junk food and he flicked the TV open and kept watching football. We unfortunately had only one TV, I bet my life is going to be after this.