Ch.2- Grumpy Alex

So there we were, sprawled against the ground in the park.
McKenzie's eyes widened in shock.

"Oh!" She exclaimed. Which honestly didn't explain anything.

I shook my head internally. I didn't even know If the girl was gay. And here I am trying to corrupt her.

I quickly got up off of her, dusting myself off. "Uh .. I'm sorry."
McKenzie followed suit, scrambling off the ground.

"Its okay.. It was an accident?" She seemed unsure. Hell, I was unsure. What was I apologizing for? Falling on her? Kissing her? Both? But didn't she kiss me too?

"Umm .. Last one there is a rotten egg?" I tried a different route to ease the awkwardness.

McKenzie just looked at me for a long time. Then out off no where, she shoots off towards the slides. She's a cheater.

I take off, this time taking good care to stay beside her and not knock her over again. I, of course, got to the slides first.

McKenzies folded her arms and pouted cutely. I smirked cockily.
"Cheaters never win." I scolded her.

She rolled her eyes and climbed the little metal steps that led to the platform for the slides. I climbed up after her. I went to the slide on the left since she was already sitting on top of the other one.

"Ya ready?" She smiled brightly at me.

"One... Two.. THREE!" I counted us off and we both slid down. Kenzie was giggling girlishly and I found myself following suit. But I never giggled.. Like ever. I inwardly cringed at myself. What the hell?

I need to get out of here before I start playing patti-cake.

I pulled out my phone and noticed it was just past 1 a.m. I looked at McKenzie only to realize she was already up and on her way to the monkey bars.

I sighed and looked back at my phone. 5 missed calls, all from my friends. I kind of forgot that I did go to the party with them then just disappeared.

I started walking to the monkey bars to get Kenzie. When I looked up, I saw that instead of being a normal person and just being under the monkey bars, she was sitting on top of them, trying to stand up. What the hell? How'd she get up there? Oh god, is she about to fall?

"Mackenzie, I think its time we, ya know, went home." I told her.

She pouted from the top of the monkey bars. "I don't wanna"

"Well you have to. We can't just stay at the park until sunrise."

She giggled at the thought, "And why not, grumpy Alex?" She teased.

I scowled at her from the ground. Now, she was standing up on top of the monkey bars. Is she psycho or something? "For the last time I'm not grumpy. And you should really get down." I informed her.

She laughed at me.

"You know these wood chucks won't do much to soften your fall." I tried to reason with her and kicked at the previously mentioned wood chucks.

"Come up here Alex, its really fun." She said in an almost child-like voice. Now it was my turn to laugh at her.

"Yeah right." I said and rolled my eyes at the thought. I'm deathly afraid of heights. If I go up there, its not going to be fun. At all.

"Please?" She begged. I rolled my eyes. "Pretty please?" She batted her eyelashes cutely. Damn it, I was gonna go up there just because she said please? Honestly, what the hell is happening?

"Fine, but once this is over, we're going home. Capiche?" I said.

Kenzie shook her head. " I can't go home. I already texted my aunt and told her I was staying at a friends house." When the hell did she do that?