Ch.8- What's SHE Doing Here?

-ALEX's P.O.V-

I can't fucking sleep. I've been tossing and turning like a fish out of water. Tomorrow I'm going to see McKenzie. I haven't seen her since I cheated.

You may not understand how weird this shit is. I always cheated all the time. And I never gave a fuck. But now, I feel like a bigger jerk than Donald Trump.

McKenzie is so different and sweet and innocent and pure. I can't just be out here treating her like the rest of these girls.

And never mind the fact that I cheated. We can't forget who I cheated with.

I haven't vented to any of my friends about my guilt because then I would have to expose that I fucked our best friend's sister. I'm pretty sure that's breaking some kind of bro code.

  I turned over and checked the time on my phone.

1:13 a.m

Go to fucking sleep Alex, you have to get up in five hours.

I really can't tell McKenzie. It actually doesn't even count since I don't remember. It was this twisted logic that eased my thoughts enough for me to close my eyes and finally drift into a dreamless sleep.

******************

I blinked my eyes open in annoyance. This stupid alarm keeps going off. I thought I pressed snooze like four times. Can't the damned thing take a hint? I reached over to snooze it again when my eyes caught the time.

6:26 .

Shit. Everyone will be here in 20 minutes to pick me up. I sat up and tossed the covers off of me and rubbed my eyes. I was feeling pretty good until I remembered I'm going to see McKenzie in like 30 minutes. My heartbeat picked up.

I quickly made my way to the bathroom to brush my teeth and hair. I didn't really feel like changing. I'm pretty sure I'll just sleep the whole ride anyways. So instead I just put on my slippers and carried my small luggage downstairs. I was just staring around the quiet house when my phone started ringing.

"Hello?"

"Come outside, loser!" Dyno hung up quickly. They sounded way too loud for it to be the ass crack of dawn.

I put my phone in my pocket and dragged my luggage outside. I saw a gray truck sitting in my driveway. Goddamn that truck looks familiar.

I went to the back and put my luggage with everyone else's in the trunk. There was two rows of backseats, conveniently enough room for everyone. Where did they get this truck from anyway?

I shrugged and decided I wanted to sit in the BACK back. When I opened the door and got in I was met with a chorus of greeting from my friends.

"Yo, Alex. Where does your girlfriend live?" Sammie asked from the passenger seat. I gave her the address and twisted Jay's ear in front of me.

"What the fuck?" He screeched.

"Where's Steve?" I asked, my sleepy brain only comprehending two male beings in the car.

"He had some interview tomorrow. Had to bail." He shrugged, rubbing his ear.

I looked around. Jay, Dyno and Aaliyah in the first back row. Sammie in the passenger seat. I'm all the way in the back. So who the hell is driving?

I stretched my head to try and catch a face in the rearview mirror and almost had a heart attack when I saw the person's eyes already focused on me.