Ch.18- Start Mission Here

-McKENZIE's P.O.V-

  Monday Morning

    "Pstt.." I whispered directly into Alex's ear. I know she had way too much last night and wouldn't wake up on time herself. I, however, couldn't sleep at all. My chest kept pounding with anticipation for today and the plan.

I hoped everything went smoothly, but my heart dropped with fear as I pictured my father, drunk and angry. I've been trying to convince myself he would just report them missing and wouldn't even care, like when I disappeared. But then for some reason I get to overthinking and assuming the worst.

But I have to think about how it would look to the public and the police. I mean, first his daughter goes missing, then both his sons. And he for sure wouldn't seem as distraught or even as interested as any normal parent. Surely, he would then become a suspect. And I just know he wouldn't like that one bit.

I shook my head, forcing these thoughts to the back of my head again and attempted to wake Alex again.

"Pstt, baby," I whispered, slightly louder. She scrunched her face up and shifted grumpily. I shook her arm, not so gently.

"Mm.. no...," She groaned, sleepily.

"Baby, it's 8:38 a.m and you have work, remember?" I coaxed her. She groaned and shifted, purposely a lot more grumpy.

"Fuck," She swore softly, but nonetheless angry, as she sat up and rubbed her eyes with an attitude. I wanted to giggle. She was reminding me of like a four year old little boy.

   She got up angrily and stomped to the bathroom. I let out the giggle I was suppressing and decided to get her work clothes and the shoebox ready. She didn't seem to be in a good mood. She stomped back in the room with an adorable pout.

   "I don't wanna woooork," she complained to me and flopped half onto the couch and half onto me.

   "Well you have to," I caressed her head that was laying in my lap.

She rolled her eyes and got up, beginning to roll up.

Fifteen minutes later she was high, dressed and in an overall slightly better mood. I, on the other hand, was dressed yet feeling worse and worse as time went by. I grabbed my phone and checked my messages again, even though Matthew had already texted me earlier at seven and told me they had all their things packed and ready and that he'll text me during his last class so I could send Samantha.

I was anxious to get home and be able to panic and prepare with Megan. But I swallowed all my nerves and teased my cutie girlfriend in the mean time. She was standing in the mirror fixing her name tag when I sauntered over dramatically.

"Excuse me, sexy blonde cashier woman?" I began in a high pitched purr, "Can you ring me up for some hot, well-needed, quick morning se-," before I could finish, Alex slapped her hand over my mouth.

"I'm gonna need you to stop right there, Kenz," she leaned closer, "See, when you ask for it, I can never refuse you. And sadly I'm already," she paused and checked her phone, "six minutes late. So it burns me to say but, save the rest of that sentence for another time, please," She sighed as she released my mouth and grabbed the keys and her wallet.

I, of course, already knew this, but rolled my eyes and folded my arms nonetheless.

As Alex was already in a rush, she dropped me off hurriedly and uneventfully.. not that I was complaining.

"See you when I get off," she said as she leaned over and kissed me bye.

"Baby, I have that thing with Megan today, remember? I don't think I'll be done 'till late. I'll just see you tomorrow, okay?"