Ch. 3- Someone Different

I started to stir and felt the weight of McKenzie still asleep underneath me. Then I heard giggling. That's what woke me up in the first place.

I slowly blinked my eyes open and saw a pair of brilliant green eyes staring at me and the oh so familiar smile that I would do anything to see.... But what is it doing in my room?

My little sister, Ashley giggled louder seeing me wake up. I looked down at McKenzie and shushed her, but smiled despite myself.

I love my little sister.

Ashley also looked at McKenzie and smiled.

"She's so pretty." She whispered.

"Yeah. I know." I whispered back, rolling my eyes.

"Way prettier than you last girlfriend." I cringed at the mention of my ex, Natalie, and the word girlfriend. McKenzie is not my girlfriend. I'm not even sure she's my friend.

"Yeah well, she's not even my girlfriend." I informed her quietly.

She looked at me then at McKenzie laying halfway underneath me then back to me with a smirk on her face. It runs in the family, apparently.

"What're you doing in my room?" I tried to change the subject.

"I was about to wake you up and ask you if you could make me pancakes." She smiled at me. Ashley somehow was able to cook meals like lasagna and one time she even made some shrimp Alfredo, but she can't make a basic pancake for shit.

"Yeah .. Not today. But tomorrow, I promise."

She rolled her eyes. "You said that yesterday." She looked dissapointed, I didn't wanna dissapoint her. I sighed.

"Fine. Just give me a minute." I used my free hand to rub my eyes.

"Ya know.. You're like, the best big sister ever."She said excitedly, leaving my room. I smiled really happy to hear that.

I gently poked McKenzie's cheek. She scrunched her face up and looked absolutely adorable. I trail my finger down the side if her face and stop at the corner of her mouth. Suddenly, she turns her head and bites my finger. Hard.

"Ouch!" I shreik, covering my injured finger with my free hand.

McKenzie finally opens her eyes and of course, she's giggling. I squint my eyes and glare at her, but she just thinks its soooo funny. I'll give her something to laugh about.

With no warning, I straddle her and tickle her sides and her stomach, she immediately starts laughing louder and squirming.

"Stoooop!" She yelled in between laughs. I grabbed her wrists and pinned her hands above her head.

"Say sorry for biting me." I teased. She scoffed.

"In your dreams." She says.

I raise my brow and quickly began tickling her again with no mercy. She was laughing so hard tears were running down her face and her cheeks were flushed red. She looked so cute and beautiful.

"Okay okay okay!" She gives in. I pin her hands above her head again.

She's breathing hard. Her face is flushed and her smile could be the most beautiful thing I ever saw. But I'll never say that aloud.

"I'm sorry" She said defeatedly and breathlessly.

I smirked. "What was that? I think the sleep is fogging up my ears." I teased.

She squinted her eyes. " You heard me, Alex" Wow .. I really liked when she said my name.

We were silent for a moment and I noticed how close we were and how my body got pressed on hers during the struggle. McKenzie seemed to notice because she was looking at me like she was at the park right before we kissed.