Ch.9- Control

-McKENZIE's P.O.V-

After we came from iHop, it was time to unpack. Alex carried both of our bags up the stairs with ease. My girlfriend is such a gentleman.

She closed the door to our temporary room and unzipped her luggage, silently.

I wanted to say something about earlier, but I wasn't sure how I felt about it.

My body definitely wanted to tell her to finish what we started. But everything else in me was shaking with fear. And maybe a little regret. I didn't regret letting Alex touch me. I just .... it's a long story.

"Are you going to unpack? Or do you want me to do it?" Alex reminded me what was going on.

"Oh, sorry. It's fine, I got it," I clumsily began putting my clothes in the two top drawers, since Alex already claimed the bottom ones.

"Mckenzie?" I turned to Alex to see she was already finished, and was watching me, a klutz, in it's natural habitat.

"You should go check out the en-suite. I'll finish up over here, cutie." Her nice way of telling me I'm taking far too long. I dropped the bikini I was trying to fold and stood up.

"O-Okay. Thanks." I was reduced back to the stuttering nerd I was back in high school, suddenly intimidated by Alex. Out of nowhere, I felt very small and insecure.

I'm not like stupid or anything. I think I'm really just clumsy. Whenever I have to really focus on something I get restless and my hands get really shaky. Especially if someone was watching me. Or sometimes when I speak, I stutter or don't finish my statements. But that's only when I talk to new people or big groups. Or Alex. I just get nervous sometimes, I guess.

Alex grabbed my chin and tilted my head to meet her eyes.

"Are you okay? You're acting kind of weird."

I nodded, not trusting my self to speak without embarrassing myself more.

"If this is because of earlier," she spoke quieter now, "I'm sorry if I pushed you. I know you usually don't do things like that, but it was just the heat of the moment."

  I reached up and tucked a strand of her short blonde hair behind her ear. She's so damned gorgeous. So sweet. I can't believe she's mine.

"You didn't push me, Alex," I didn't want her to think she did anything wrong, " I'm fine. I think I'm just tired." I shrugged, trying to convince myself, as well as Alex.

"Then you should take a nap, lazy ass." She laughed then gave me a chaste kiss on the lips before she finished unpacking my clothes for me.

Hmm, a nap does sound pretty nice. I had to wake up really early today .....

***************************

-ALEX's P.O.V-

When I finished unpacking McKenzie and I's clothes, she was out cold. I smirked to myself and quietly left the room to let her sleep.

In the room across the hall, I spotted Isabelle laying on a queen sized bed scrolling through her phone. Her strawberry blonde hair was in a high messy bun and her eyes were focused on whatever was on her phone.

She is really damned attractive. She was always about 3 or 4 years older than us, and I can admit I had a crush on her in like junior year.

Just then, I guess she sensed someone watching her. She spotted me and raised an eyebrow.

"You got something to say?" She threw my words back at me.

"Actually I do." I stepped inside her room and closed the door.